Saturday, April 23, 2005

More Pictures from S.F.

And you thought I was done posting about the trip! I thought so too.

These are pictures from San Francisco that were in my portable hard drive and unaccessible until I bought a replacement USB cable recently. They were taken Monday and Tuesday, 21 and 22 March.

This is a staircase outside Weisheng's apartment.

Staircase B&W

While we were driving past, I managed to snap this shot of the Bay Bridge from our moving car.

Bay Bridge Day

There's always a bunch of sea lions lazing around Pier 39 at Fisherman's Wharf. They're loud and stinky but kinda fetching in their own peculiar way.

Sea Lions

Lombard Street is the known as the crookedest street in the world. It was built that way to deal with the extreme 40 degree slope of Russian Hill. It's not a very good picture, but I couldn't find anywhere to take one from a higher angle.

Lombard Street

The architecture in the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (or SFMOMA) is pretty cool.

SFMOMA Bridge

SFMOMA Ceiling

SFMOMA Wall

A quick shot in the street.

JL Silhouette in SF Street

One of the more acceptable pictures taken from the cable car we rode in. The bunch of them turned out pretty crappy. You can see the Bay Bridge in the background.

View from Cable Car

Alcatraz, which we never managed to visit. Oh well, next time then.

Alcatraz

En route to the Golden Gate Bridge...

Golden Gate 1

Shooing backwards out the cab window...

Golden Gate 2

And finally, at the lookout point.

Golden Gate Bridge

Us at Golden Gate

This is the view from Twin Peaks (no relation to the David Lynch TV series). Cameron drove us up there, and the wind was a killer. My hands were probably shaking from it. Imagine what a great view you'd get in the daytime.

View from Twin Peaks

Us at Twin Peaks

Why do I always look like I'm smaller than Jingli in pictures? This baffles me.