Saturday, June 11, 2005

Today Is My Birthday

Today was my birthday.

Well, in the lunar calendar anyway. It was kinda sad.

Went for a TV comedy writing lecture in the morning. I was an hour late but didn't feel like I missed anything. I walked in on a discussion session, joined in one of the groups right away and immediately came up with some ideas. I also realized that most of the people who attend these lectures do it for a reason - they're not good enough. Perhaps I'm arrogant, but I honestly felt that they didn't do a quality check on their suggestions. Sure, in a situation where you're writing by yourself, you shouldn't censor your lame ideas. But in a group setting, I think one needs to crack one's brains a little more so that you don't waste other people's valuable time. Comedy needs to be big, big, big. Unless you're British, then you can get away with anything. People were thinking too small. A fallen toupee is hardly comedy gold. Ah well. At least the refreshments were decent.

Window shopping followed. I didn't have enough time to buy anything. Boo.

Edited till 10pm. It's starting to come together. I think I should have a decent cut in a day or two. Hooray.

And that was my day.

Actually, it's no wonder my day kinda sucked. It falls on a Chinese festival, which makes it easy to remember, but at the same time, it's not exactly the cheeriest of festivals.

Yep. Awakening dragons, human sacrifice, and a suicidal patriotic poet. Whoop-dee-fuckin'-do.

Happy birthday to me.

2 Comments:

At 7:30 AM, June 13, 2005, Blogger Allan Koay 郭少樺 said...

ah, a belated happy birthday, dude!

don't be so down. the only way is up.

 
At 11:10 AM, June 13, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

got ya a small pressie...
still dunno when i can pass it to u... =(

-ww

 

gimme some mindfuckery

<< Home