Thursday, October 13, 2005

The End

Thursday 6 October 2005

A hangover and lunch do not mix well at all.

I insisted on doing the touristy thing and taking the Maglev (magnetic levitation) train to Pudong Airport. It was a long cab ride to the train station for that, and then the actual train ride was under ten minutes. Still, I'm told it's probably the fastest way there.

This was the view outside the train when it was travelling at top speed. I think my camera's pretty powerful. I set it to the fastest shutter speed and there was no blur. I would've liked some blur for effect, but whatever.

Outside train window

Top speed: 431 km/h (268 mph).

431 km:h

Spent a long time in the airport because we got there so fast. I had to wait for the check-in counter to open (that's never happened before), and then a long time later for my flight too.

Shitty airport food for lunch. Noodles with fatty meat - all fatty meat. I couldn't stomach much of it. I take back what I said about Pudong Airport. It only looks OK, the amenities totally suck ass. I hate it now.

So finally I went in and had to wait (again) for boarding. Give a bored man a good camera and lots of time, and he'll go nuts.

Waiting Lounge

Control Tower

Planes

Plane on Runway

Plane Takeoff

Sun Thru Window

Ceiling

Blah flight. It was half empty, so I got to change to an exit row seat. Finally, legroom! Hooray.

In Plane

I put my jacket and my hat on so I'd look more decent, and I guess it worked, since I didn't get stopped by Customs. Another hooray. But I was a good boy and didn't really sneak stuff in. Well, a little bit doesn't count.

Biggest regret? That I didn't get a chance to taste dog meat. That'll have to wait till next time, I guess, or maybe..? Jovi, Momo, come here you cute cute puppies...

So yeah, end of trip. Finito. A little anti-climactic I suppose, but that's how it goes.