Monday, May 28, 2007

I Think I'm Getting Alzheimer's

I went out to meet a friend for dinner. We ended up at a little eatery in Far East Plaza. After dinner and conversation, he needed to buy socks, so we walked to Metro at Paragon. Then it was off to Ben Sherman to look at what they had on sale (nothing significant) and then McDonald's for a quick drink.

He gave me a ride back to my place. I invited him into my house for a look-around, because it is a cool house.

My keys weren't in my pocket. We went back and looked in the car, but couldn't find them.

Nevermind, I must've dropped them somewhere. I can always make duplicates from my cousin, I thought.

Then halfway back to the house, I stopped dead in my tracks.

"FUCK!"

"What happened?"

"I left home with a bag!"

It had my new(-ish) digital camera (bought for S$500), iPod (bought for S$700) and Sennheiser headphones (bought for S$150) inside. So, not including anything else, the dollar loss would be S$1,350.

Fuck, indeed.

We jumped back into the car and he sped off to the McDonald's at Lido. Nope, they hadn't seen a bag anywhere.

Back to the eatery at Far East Plaza. Would they still be open? It was almost 10 pm.

Lo and behold, they were just about to close up. Did they see a bag?

The aunty looked at me. "You're very lucky you know. You left it right outside, anyone could've taken it. I only saw it when I came back after making a delivery."

The chef reached behind the counter and fished out my black sling bag which I've owned for over 10 years (yes, I'm amazed it's lasted that long as well - but then again my mom's repaired it before).

Camera - check, iPod - check, headphones - check.

Whew.

Big thank you to the kind folks at Veri Good (#05-54 Far East Plaza). Also thanks to Jinhao for all the back-and-forth driving.

So yeah, I forgot I brought my bag out. It's still not as bad as Zing's friend, who once forgot that she'd driven her car and walked home, then had to walk back for the car. Ha.

1 Comments:

At 1:58 AM, May 29, 2007, Blogger dark said...

Alot of things on your mind????
Too bz???
So when U finally haf some free time to relax you totally let go????
It always happened.

 

gimme some mindfuckery

<< Home