Wednesday, February 23, 2005

The Fifteenth New Year Post (Or, Making Up the Numbers)

Since the Lunar New Year has fifteen days, I decided it would be nice to have fifteen New Year Posts in all. It only seems appropriate. I know, they're kinda all jammed together during the last couple of days, but still. At least I tried.

Since I'm lacking any topic for this post, I shall resort to posting pictures from my Flickr page that I've been unable to post on the blog. The main reason for the exclusion of these pictures is that I've simply been unable to find the opportunity; they just didn't seem to fit anything I'd written so far. Still, I like them, and would like them to see the light of day somehow.

So, here we go.

I took this one in Geylang over a month ago. We'd stopped to get some bubble tea - some very cheap bubble tea - and I got out of the car to have a cigarette. I was struck by the pretty blue sky and the clouds, looked up and down the alley I was parked in and just snapped it. I like it a good deal, partly because of the nice juxtaposition between the old and the new, but mainly because of the blue. Like I said before, Singapore just doesn't get that blue very often, especially with all the bushfires these days.

Yes, for those of you having winter now, Singapore is so fuckin' hot and dry at this time that we're having bloody bushfires.

Geylang Street

Oh, there's only one more picture. How lame. And I thought there would be more.

Anyhow, I didn't take this, and it's obviously a self-portrait. But the overexposure, though unintentional, makes it look very surreal and cool. Of course, the smirk helps too. Or maybe I'm mistaken and it's not a smirk. It's hard to tell from this angle.

JL Halo

I originally wrote a free-association thing about the picture, but after I did so I realized what terrible writing it was and how it should never be seen by anyone, ever. So I deleted it and you have this paragraph instead.

I think I'm done.

On a happier note, Team America: World Police opens tomorrow. I'm very excited. I mean, there's puppet sex! What could be any better?

2 Comments:

At 2:54 PM, February 24, 2005, Blogger 우찌유 said...

The puppet sex is overrated. In fact, the entire show sucked. Really bad. Like painfully bad. Like. Waste of money bad. Really. I'd have preferred if they used construction paper instead. Like what they used to do with South Park.

 
At 5:46 AM, February 25, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely Bluey Sky...
Esp with the nice white clouds to contrast it...
I took a few pics of the sky last week, the sky is usually blue as well... of coz with some nice clouds as well... but urs was nicer... =)

-ww

 

gimme some mindfuckery

<< Home