Wednesday, February 23, 2005

The Fourteenth New Year Post (Or, Water, Water, Everywhere)

I think there's already too much coverage on the tsunami incident already, so I wasn't exactly ecstatic when my producer wanted to have a four-episode special on it. At that stage they were calling it the Tsunami Special, which not only alliterates, but also sounds like a set meal at a seafood restaurant.

Later on, I was happy that I didn't have to do it. Instead I was put on another programme. This made my day, as I could see the logistics being a real bitch.

I paid a visit to the set as they were shooting a scene, and got to see the AD tearing his hair out from stress. Still, it looked like fun. Especially when crew members were roped in to play dead bodies.

And it gave me the chance to take this picture, which is what the post is really about anyway. Here's the field assistant Wilson with his best impression of a sorority girl in a wet T-shirt contest. I happen to think it's bloody hilarious.

Wilson