Wednesday, February 16, 2005

The Fifth New Year Post (Or, Just Stuff)

Just in case you were wondering, yes, this ridiculous practice of titling my posts will continue until the fifteenth day of the Lunar New Year. It saves me the trouble of coming up with titles. Alas, it does nothing for the content though.

Apart from the voiceover work, I am finally getting paid for my little acting stint. It's not a lot. Hell, I'll come out and say it, it's pathetic. But it's something, at least.

Pictures On the Wall has been rejected from the Student Emmys. Ah well. Better luck next time.

My most recent cellphone bill came up to S$88.88. Hopefully that's a good sign.

Even though I switched to a plan that had S$100 of talktime, I still managed to exceed it by S$28. I have no idea how. Maybe little elves are using my phone at night.

Flight of the Phoenix was pretty bad. Not one character that wasn't a metaphorical piece of cardboard, and only Giovanni Ribisi was any interesting. Of course, I really watched it because of him. I think he's one of the most underrated young actors around, and he's done some really fantastic work in movies like Saving Private Ryan (who can forget the dying medic? Oh, that scene killed me, especially since I was a medic too) and The Gift. And of course, probably his most recognizable role was that of Phoebe's brother in Friends. Unfortunately there wasn't enough of him in Flight, and I was pretty damn bored. It wasn't even a decent B-movie, and I'm a pretty big fan of those... Blade: Trinity, anyone?

I will make it clear, though, that I want Dennis Quaid's body when I'm fifty. And I did learn that mysterious nomads in the middle of the Gobi Desert inexplicably speak Cantonese. What a surprise.

Finding Neverland, on the other hand, was a nice little movie. The only thing that marred my experience of it was that I had to sit in the front row and crane my head so much I got a neckache. Yes, there's not much depth to many characters and all, but I guess once in a while you just need a decent weepie for therapy. Of course, the movie had it easy with me since I'm a sucker for the Peter Pan story to begin with. I remember reading the book or watching the movie and being traumatized when Tinkerbell was dying. Lots of sniffling in the theatre all round.

As I left the theatre, there was this group of Air Force Officer Cadets in front of me. When I walked past them, I overheard this one telling the others that Flight of the Phoenix was good. I sighed inside. But I also noticed one of his friends still had red, teary eyes from Neverland. Heh. I probably looked like that. I was glad though, that I wasn't the only guy the movie got to. I mean, that last scene was really quite lovely, and the kid that plays Peter is a damn fine actor. It's just that, well, with most guys, it seems they'd rather kill themselves than cry at the movies. I guess it made me happy that this macho-looking Officer Cadet actually did cave. Hey, ladies, decent men still exist out there!

Yep, I'm done for the day.

1 Comments:

At 6:47 AM, February 17, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh it finally loaded! tsk tsk

anyway sent u a mail liao lah... go read it... hehe

-ww

 

gimme some mindfuckery

<< Home