Monday, April 25, 2005

Return of the One-Word Movie Review

So I've seen a whole bunch of movies in these three weeks. To write on them all would be tedious, hence I'm reviving the One-Word Movie Review!

Swing Girls - Kawaii ("Cute" in Japanese)
Install - Insufferable
In Good Company - Dignified
Color Blossoms - Ludicrous
Spanglish - Competent
3-Iron - Graceful
Singapore GaGa - Vocal
Sahara - Dry
When Beckham Met Owen - Unfocused
The Assassination of Richard Nixon - Intense
Earth and Ashes - Dusty (in a good sense)
The Ring Two - Self-plagiarizing

On the filmmaking front, I received an email from the MDA saying that they were going to the Cannes Film Festival, and making a compilation DVD to give out to people. They wanted to include Pictures On the Wall, and were asking if this was OK with me.

I was like, "Fuck, yeah!"

At least they're actually doing something and putting their money where their mouth is. I can't say the same for the Singapore International Film Festival people, what with their heads stuck up their asses and all.

Not that I'm putting all my hopes in this though. I know it's akin to the little packs of shampoo you get in the mail. Some people try them out, others toss them away immediately. Maybe if I'm really lucky, someone somewhere will like my shampoo enough to want to buy it.

4 Comments:

At 12:06 AM, April 26, 2005, Blogger Allan Koay 郭少樺 said...

dude, congrats!!! this is indeed a step forward. good luck!

 
At 2:26 PM, April 26, 2005, Blogger Cameron said...

whoa. whoa.

eeks.

-cam

 
At 4:38 PM, April 27, 2005, Blogger 우찌유 said...

I tot i said in my blog that install was horrible and disgusting and overall if i could i would have left after 10mins?

Oh wait. i didn't manage to finish writing that post. it was too sickening trying to remember what was bad about it (everything).

By the way. Again. Get a tagboard. Or have i not told u that before too?

 
At 3:12 AM, May 02, 2005, Blogger dark said...

Yo man All the best. I believe in you. :)

 

gimme some mindfuckery

<< Home