Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Nice Is All I Want

This holiday season, I spent over $200 on beer, wine, liquor and drinks for my cousin's potluck thingy. While I was out getting said fluids, somewhere in Singapore, a melodrama was playing out, straight from the (oft-recycled) scripts of Channel 8 soap operas.

Cast: The Philandering Husband, the Wronged Wife, their Sons, her Brother-In-Law, her Sister, the Other Woman, Her Son, the Police, Various Neighbors.

Seriously, I think this is the worst influence bad soap operas can have on people, when they feel compelled to live their life like it's a TV show and create a huge scene just because that's the way these stories always build up to, and to repeat old, tired lines that have been recycled over and over again by hack writers.

Anyhow, we'll see how that plays out. There are solutions that are entirely logical and would be the best way out for all involved. Unfortunately to the above-mentioned people who live their lives like it was one big soap opera, logic doesn't enter their thought processes too often. They're more concerned with whether or not they sound dramatic enough.

So this was earlier on. Then on the 24th only two people showed up at the party who were my friends - I wasn't entirely surprised, given that my SMSes were pretty last minute. I was tired, but was forced to watch The Crow on DVD. That movie has some of the most ridiculous dialogue I've ever heard, and some truly atrocious bad acting.

Moving on, Christmas Day, even though I don't "do" Christmas, was good. I spent time with people I liked, jogged for the first time in almost 2 years (all the way to my workplace and back), saw the entire first season of Extras and generally had a pleasant time. Today involved much sleeping in, lazing around in bed, A Clockwork Orange on DVD and The Holiday (overlong and bo-ring) in theatres. Honestly, I don't mind spending all my Christmases like that. It felt... nice.

And sometimes, nice is all I want. Nice is all I need. Thank you for a nice time.

1 Comments:

At 9:07 AM, December 28, 2006, Blogger 우찌유 said...

i haven't passed you me and xy's presents yet. they're nice as well. great for parties. you'll be thankful i didn't decide to recycle my presents to pass ya.

about the melodrama. unfortunately the infidel is too stupid to understand logic. he's been calling everyday since the incident and spread 'his side of the story' to everyone he knows under the sun in bid to get ppl over on his side. obviously his side is flawed as he didn't know abt the investigator and such. it just makes him sound stupid. a slap to his face isn't enough. a slap to his ego would be good. perhaps separation is what he was looking for all the while so that he can have an excuse to sell the flat and get half the money (since it isn't his money anyway but the deceased for over 10plus years old man's) and distributing to more prcs. i think he's just an idiot that reminds me of xy's ex-agency boss. a stupid cheebyehead that thinks the world of himself and creates fictitious backup stories to cover his ass that only he can ever believe in. then he gets all worked up over his stories and feels injusticed and all. very silly right? most silly is people know they're lying. so the more they say the more STUPID they seem.

oh well. they're both dickheads anyway. one's a gay (obviously not the one we were talking abt) and the other's a cock.

 

gimme some mindfuckery

<< Home