Tuesday, May 29, 2007

SISTIC's Reply

Their reply, in response to the letter I sent. To be fair, they did so on the actual day I sent it, which is a very decent response time.
Our apologies for the unpleasant incident you encountered and the inconvenience caused. We appreciate your feedback and have since looked into it.

Based on the recorded teleconversation between the staff concerned at Bugis Junction, the duty manager concerned at SISTIC and yourself, we noted the frustration you experienced.

Our investigation has shown that the staff concerned at Bugis Junction did not understand why your booking was not entitled to the early bird discount and hence communicated with our duty manager concerned in <language>. We have since highlighted the importance of customer service to both of them and counselled them accordingly. We would also like to take this opportunity to clarify that whilst our duty manager concerned was executing her duties in the daily course of her work, she should have been more tactful and used her initiative when handling this matter.

We have been in touch with <production company> and are pleased to inform you that they have acceded to your refund request. Zura, our Customer Service Officer, has since contacted you this afternoon and advised you to visit our Box Office before the early bird discount ends. In addition, Zura has explained the need for you to bring the physical tickets along in order for the exchange to be processed.

Once again, we thank you for sharing your feedback with us and look forward to your continued support.
And here's my final reply to that:
Thank you for your timely response. I have since replaced my tickets at the box office, and I would also like to extend my appreciation for your prompt action regarding the matter.

At the same time, I wish also to state for the record that my statements on the conversation between the counter staff and the duty manager have nothing to do with my feelings on their choice of language used; it was simply based on my interpretation of their tone and body language, which might have been flawed, considering my state of frustration at the time.

Basically, what I am saying is, I did not intend for my comments to be in any way racist, xenophobic or language-biased. Upon re-reading my original letter, I am aware that they could have been misconstrued as such, if one were reading very finely in-between the lines. So, if they feel that I have in any way sounded like a bigot, I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for my poor choice of words.
Just in case. You never know.