Friday, June 22, 2007

Don't Be Disrespectin'

It wasn't a good day at work yesterday.

There's this letter that we're supposed to get, that has interesting little nuggets inside like what our salary increments are gonna be, and what promotions, if any, we're receiving. I have yet to see that letter, despite the fact that we're all supposed to get ours this week.

On Wednesday, I'd spent two hours waiting stupidly in the office and paid the peak hour surcharge on cabfare there for a letter that never came. Why? Because the management level guy that was supposed to have signed them all the day before didn't finish doing so before he left for a dinner appointment the previous day, and couldn't be bothered to take them along.

Fuck, man, it's just a stack of papers to sign. It's not that difficult to do. You don't even have to fucking read them.

Our ex-boss then tells us to meet her on Thursday afternoon. Which is all well and good, except a bunch of us have a meeting to attend outside. The admin assistant says she has a meeting to attend as well, but assures us, she'll be back before the end of the day to give us our letters, definitely.

So we return after the meeting, and wait, and wait.

6 pm rolls by, and I've been rotting in my seat for 2 1/2 hours. We get the news - she's not coming back. She said to collect the letters from someone else. However, she has the letters with her, and they are all unsigned. Besides, that "someone else" has already gone home.

That's just sheer idiocy.

So basically, in a nutshell, we were not getting shit. And I couldn't get my letter on Friday, because I'd be away at a seminar all day.

That was it, I was fucking sick and tired of being jerked around like a monkey by management who didn't treat their employees with basic human courtesy and respect. I threw my huge biscuit tin on the ground. It made a loud clatter.

Then, because I still wanted to eat them in the future, I picked up the tin again.

Note to self: Never pick up something that you threw in anger. You look really stupid when you do that, and you lose all credibility.

Then I left the office.

The fire of hatred burned furiously within my belly. But the flames were brought significantly lower by a Chocolixir drink from Godiva. With the help of a dinner full of meat and beer from Paulaner's, courtesy of Mun, they were extinguished completely.

At least, until I step into the disgusting pit of hell that is my office again.