Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Wedding

When I was but a wee lad, I had several goals.

One of them was to lose my virginity by the time I was 16.

Another was to be a father by the time I was 25. This was mainly because I felt I was so distant from my father because of our 36-year age gap, and I didn't want that with my kids.

Needless to say, neither of those goals were achieved.

Probably because I was an overweight, unattractive-looking boy. And besides, I didn't try very hard. At all.

Anyway, it seems that the older I get, the more I lose interest in the second goal. When I passed that mark a few years ago, it wasn't even hovering at the edge of my mind. It just wasn't something I'm interested in at that point.

Even now, I can't really imagine that happening anytime soon. Of course, I no longer have goals like that for myself. Whatever happens, happens, and there's no point setting a certain age to achieve these things by. If you insist on sticking to a "schedule" like that for your life, you get trapped in shackles of your own design. You might even end up like many Singaporeans, marrying someone just because the timing is right, even if nothing else is.

That being said, congratulations to Yujin and Peiwen. May you have a long and happy life together. As for kids, well, whatever happens, happens, right?

Haha. I wasn't very convincing in my congratulations at all, was I?

Congratulations again, Buddy. I know you read this.

Oh, and thanks for the birthday cake. It was truly a wonderful surprise.

Wedding Field

2 Comments:

At 9:12 AM, June 22, 2007, Blogger X said...

Why the wedding pic so Far, Far Away? cant see the bride and groom lah. they are not Shrek and Fiona.

but i love the blue sky and green green grass. :) haa...

 
At 4:16 PM, June 22, 2007, Blogger cinewhore said...

I didn't take the pic, don't ask me.

 

gimme some mindfuckery

<< Home