Monday, August 06, 2007

Mozzie Invasion

I just found out that two of my neighbors in the same row of houses have gotten dengue fever. While they have since then recovered, it's still a scary thought considering that I was almost eaten alive by mosquitoes on Friday.

The typical incubation period for dengue is a week or so, which means that even if I do get it (touch wood), it might not strike till my little Phuket diving escapade is over on Sunday (I leave tomorrow afternoon - yippee). Fingers crossed.

We've been trying ways and means to drive the little fuckers away, including burning incense, using electronic repellents, and the traditional method of smacking them to Kingdom Come. Unfortunately, I have a terrible aim, so I'm not much use in the last department, but nonetheless, numbers seem to have fallen, despite the stupid fucking construction work going on nearby that creates tons of potential breeding sites.

If I do get dengue, I'll be sure to let you know so the sympathy gifts can start pouring in. Cash will be preferred, since I blew my budget doing all that shopping last month.