Sunday, January 09, 2005

I Consume, Therefore I Am

Been crazy busy this past week prepping for next week's shoot. Running around location scouting, filling in all the necessary paperwork, etc. I hate corporations. Red tape's such a fucking pain in the ass.

Ran around today buying props and other shit I need. Also took the opportunity to shop and buy crap I wanted. Like a pair of shoes I'd been eyeing for about a month.

New Balance

Anyone know where I can get fake snow in a can? The kind they spray in shop windows when Christmas rolls around. Or better yet, if you can give me some, I'd be a very grateful man.

Tiny tiny breather this weekend before hurtling full speed into five days of shooting starting Monday. This also explains my sudden desire to spend and spend, be it on food or clothes or just shit in general.

JC & XW

Crispy Knuckle

Of course, this dinner on Friday night, coupled with Thursday night's feast, has breached the limit of "nice dinners" for January.

The new philosophy of the times: I consume, therefore I am. Spending is the only way I justify my existence.

As long as I don't get into debt. Fingers crossed.

The sky was gloomy-looking all morning. I kept on hoping it would pour so I could take a leisurely stroll in the storm, but it was not to be. *Sigh*

Now I feel like a swim tomorrow, so it better be nice.

4 Comments:

At 11:55 AM, January 09, 2005, Blogger Allan Koay 郭少樺 said...

nice shoes, man.

i splurge on stuff when i'm depressed or just generally stressed out from work. there's something about spending that has a relieving effect. you come home, take the stuff out of your bags, admire them, touch them, and then all is well again.

of course, to de-stress, there is also sex la!

 
At 6:16 AM, January 11, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the snow thingy... u can try this shop at Bugis, along the stretch that face the MRT, u noe KFC,tat stretch towards Mac? there's a shop selling all the party stuff there...

or else u try Bedok Int, the stretch towards the old Li Hua Gong cinema, now the Geylang Utd clubhse... there's two shops there selling stationeries & party deco stuff oso...

if u unsure of the locations... juz buzz me...

-ww

 
At 6:18 AM, January 11, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh that fiery shoes ah...
u sure u only eye it for ONE MTH only?
u pted it out to me looong ago wor!

btw u guys went to Esp for dinner ah?

 
At 8:20 PM, January 11, 2005, Blogger cinewhore said...

Thanks. I got the snow spray over the weekend already. The yellow pages are an amazing invention. And yes, that is in fact the Esplanade.

 

gimme some mindfuckery

<< Home