Thursday, December 30, 2004

The Perils of Location Scouting

So I was in a seedy area of the island today scouting for a house. The actual house in reality was somewhere there, so I thought I might start in that general area. This girl comes up to me, and the following conversation ensues.

"Kor kor, good time?"

"Um, no thanks."

I walk on, but stop after a few steps and turn back. She smiles hopefully.

"By the way, do you know if there are any houses around here with a garden in front?"

Blank look.

"Sorry, I no speak English. You speak Melayu?"

"No, afraid I don't. It's OK, thanks anyway."

Ah, the perils of being a location scout.

Moving on. Yesterday, at around this time...

Casio

I was amazed to discover a dish that I never before knew existed. Here it is, the Blandest Noodles In The World:

Tasteless

If you're in the mood for a meal with no taste at all, you can find it at the Tampines Interchange foodcourt. There's fish, bean sprouts, and noodles in it, but absolutely no hint of flavor, and it's available for the unbeatable price of S$4.50.

On another note, I just got some sweet-ass JBL Creature speakers. Here they sitting nice and pretty next to my iBook and iPod.

i Family

Don't they all look so cute together?

1 Comments:

At 11:58 AM, December 31, 2004, Blogger 우찌유 said...

What? No credit for me? I spotted the deal.. $119, even cheaper than my Creative Travelsound..

 

gimme some mindfuckery

<< Home