Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Pissed At AppleCentre

Something I sent off to the Apple Feedback Page online.

God, this pisses me off so much. I'm boycotting AppleCentre@Orchard from now on, and you should all do the same.

On Christmas Day, I purchased an iPod Carrying Case with Belt Clip (40GB) from the AppleCentre@Orchard. From the pictures on the box, I could not see the front of the case, and thought I would be able to access the buttons and click wheel on my iPod while it was in the case.

I notice that on your website it says that this product does not support iPods with click wheels. However, the label on the box said it did. I even asked the cashier while I was paying if it would work with my 40GB 4G iPod, and he said it would.

When I returned home, I opened the package and realized that I did not have access to the buttons and clickwheel once I put my iPod inside. This made the case essentially useless to me, for I was intending to replace my Marware Sportsuit Convertible with it, and the latter has all the access to buttons I want.

I replaced everything carefully in the box, and brought it back to the store on Monday, 27 Dec. The manager Ronnie and his Director at the store flippantly dismissed my requests, saying it was store policy not to accept products that had been opened. It didn't matter to them that I had wasted S$70 on something I couldn't use. In fact, they even blamed me for not checking with the salespeople in the store. The truth of the matter was that the salespeople were swamped on Christmas Day, and I needed to make a quick hit-and-go purchase.

After much discussion, they finally offered to put it up for sale at a reduced price for a week. If no one bought it, I would have to bear all the costs. Apparently they thought that was a very generous offer, but in my opinion this is completely unsatisfactory. I still took it because it was the best thing I could do at the time. Now they called me saying they've sold it, but still, it's a terrible option.

Since apparently the Director of the store is involved, there is no point in me complaining to the store. What I can do is raise the problems inherent in its store policy and customer service to a higher authority, and hopefully something can be done.

The attitude of the staff leave much to be desired, being lackadaisical and dismissive in tone. Quite simply, customer satisfaction was not at the forefront of their thoughts. I do not understand why they insist on following this store policy to the letter. Is it not impossible to return the item to the supplier who can put a new plastic wrapper on it and make it good as new? What is the point of burning your bridges and making your customers - potential return customers, mind you - angry to the point that they will never patronize that store again?

I have always had a high opinion of Apple products and customer service. Unfortunately, stores like this only tarnish whatever reputation you have and are a smear to your good name. Yes, Apple products are great. But unfortunately customer service in Singapore is pretty terrible. I hope you can remedy the situation.

"Apple is committed to your satisfaction"
I hope the above line on your website isn't just for show.

Addendum: They called me to say they sold it for S$50. Big fucking deal. I'm still pissed. Maybe I should raise it to CASE or the Straits Times Forum Page or something.

1 Comments:

At 8:10 AM, December 30, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous said...

they din reply to ur feedback? WTF!

-ww

 

gimme some mindfuckery

<< Home