Saturday, December 25, 2004

The Evil Cult

I happened upon this page while searching for websites to link to for my concert post a few days back. I was doing a search for "Jay Chou concert", of all things. Unbelievable. The contents are absolutely hilarious, but yet very very sad at the same time. A perfectly normal young man, corrupted by a pseudo-religion, brainwashed into being an anonymous sheep, following blindly and stupidly.

Seriously, if you get seats in a restaurant after waiting for a long time, it's only natural. Don't go around crediting these "minor miracles" to God because you'll just look like an absolute moron. I don't pray, and I get seated all the time. What do you say to that? If you have someone you knew who was dying and you prayed and they got better, then fine, by all means, put that in and believe in a miracle all you want. I'll give you that. But this, this is beyond lame, this is just abso-fuckin'-lutely ridiculous.

If God existed, and he really was answering these incredibly inane prayers of these fools all the time, maybe that's why the world's so fucked up.

"Oh, I've performed my quota of miracles today. I gave tables to 4 million people, helped another 2 million get cabs, found lost shit for 2 million and gave good weather to another 2 mil. There's a kid dying of AIDS? Sorry, can't help. And I don't really feel good about letting that old lady get dragged fifty feet by a speeding bus, but these Christians really needed a table, and they'd been waiting for fifteen minutes already. It was one or the other, you know? Gee, and George W. Bush was made President again? Oh yeah, I remember him asking me for that."

Anyhow, I saw that the entries on that page ended in June last year, so I thought, well, maybe he came to his senses. Or maybe he died. But then I snooped around some more, and found he was still alive and well, and still part of that Evil Cult that has grown exponentially in recent years, Harvest-ing the City of its fruits of labor and its young people. Why am I not surprised?

Honestly, if the authorities don't keep them in check, it would only be natural that they attempt a coup in the near future, return Singapore to the stone age in terms of "morality" (oh, how I hate that word), stone every homosexual to death, force everyone who isn't Christian into slavery, and quite possibly embark on a Crusade to wipe out our Muslim neighbors. Are you listening, Uncle Loong? Or are you part of Them already? I hope not, for the love of all that is good and right in the world, but one never knows.

It's not the religion I'm opposed to, even though I don't hold high opinions of organized religion at all (which is kind of an understatement). It's the same thing everyone says about Muslims. "The 'normal' ones are fine (whatever that means), it's just the extremists and fundamentalists we're worried about." While this is condescending to Muslims in general, I think it's pretty appropriate to apply it to these stray branches of Christianity. If you claim to love everyone, then it should be all-inclusive, and not just include people who believe the same things you do. Heaven should be an equal-opportunity place, and not just purely for believers, for really, what kind of standards can you claim to be upholding if you automatically let fucked-up people in just because they claim God is on their side? Real Christians, and Real Muslims, and Real (Insert Your Own Religion Here) care for everyone. And you know what, these Real Believers wouldn't force or coerce or persuade you into any organized religion, because that's not right. You have to go of your own accord.

This is why I'm against organized religion in general, because these fuckers are always trying to get people to convert, whether by forcing pamphlets down their throats, canvassing at hospices where people are busy enough dying, or through marriage obligations.

And since we're on the topic, I saw this sign at a house of God in Sengkang some time back. Unfortunately I didn't have my camera with me at the time, and it had been replaced with another sign spouting some equally lame religious propaganda the next time I passed by. So, no picture.

Professionals Built the Titantic
Amateurs Built the Ark

I guess God's spellcheck function wasn't turned on that day, huh?