Thursday, January 06, 2005

Mexi-CAN!

"Are you a Mexi-CAN or a Mexi-CAN'T?"
- Johnny Depp in Once Upon a Time in Mexico

After much ado about Mexico with #1, I had an intense craving for Mexican food today, especially since I hadn't had any since my departure from the States. So, not knowing any places in Singapore, I surfed around and found this place Margarita's at Faber Place that's supposedly "where customers are more like friends". I called up a fellow food-lover, and off we went.

Suffice to say that it was a Mexi-CAN restaurant. The quesadillas were only OK, but the fajitas were really good and the sangria went down very nicely with everything. A pitcher of it was enough for quite a few glasses each when shared among two people, and copiously-flowing alcohol is always welcomed. But the highlight of the evening for me was the lamb stew, which was, quite simply, the best lamb I have ever had, period.

Too bad about the quesadillas though. Somehow, nothing quite compares to the ones I whipped up in the mornings at 809 Noyes, using leftover steak strips, tons of butter, and instant taco skins. Dripping with grease, calories, and all that, smothered in a rich buttery taste and overflowing with melted cheese. Mmm. (I can hear some of you cringing in disgust already)

A tad pricey, but I think well worth it. And hey, the price is pretty reasonable by US standards, if that helps. Good food is always worth it, but bad food is overpriced no matter how cheap it is. All in all, I didn't really feel like I was "a friend", but to be a customer rubbing his belly contentedly is more than enough for me.

Oh. And we later found out they have a branch at East Coast Road, which made me feel quite stupid indeed for driving all the way to Clementi. FYI, the East Coast Branch is at the intersection of East Coast Road and Telok Kurau Road.

Finally, on New Year's Day, someone told me the last line of the saying about drinking. Over drinks, no less. For which I'm eternally grateful. And that last line is:

You're in the Clear.

1 Comments:

At 5:25 AM, January 07, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yuppers, there's a branch there, the junction where u turn in to get to East Shore Hospital rite? if u take bus 10 or 14 often, u will notice it one... hehe...

-ww

 

gimme some mindfuckery

<< Home