Wednesday, July 13, 2005

The Original 200th Post

So cyberspace or the Bloggersphere ate up my original post. After taking some time off to recover from the setback, I shall attempt to recapture some of its glory here.

Image016
Modern Art

Events have transpired such that I have now begun to take pictures with my camera-equipped phone.

First, my phone is very cool, and I love it.

Second, I loaned my camera to my brother for his Law Camp. One fine day, he was busy doing something, so he handed it to someone else to take pictures with.

That was Crime #1. If I loan you something of mine, it's because I feel I can trust you to take care of it. Please do not betray that trust by handing it to someone else. You might feel you can trust that person, but can you really? This is illustrated best by what happened after.

Crime #2: That fucker, in turn, handed it to someone else.

Crime #3: This someone else manages to crack the filter on the end of the lens.

You must be a stupid motherfucker to do that. These things aren't made of glass. And the way it was cracked, he must've been walking around with the lens cap off and just walked into the end of a pole or something. Or dropped the camera, lens down, onto said end of pole. Either way, he's an idiot.

Crime #4: No one will admit to the offence.

This I find completely unacceptable. Being at a Law Camp, I would assume that everyone there are lawyers-to-be. Is there no integrity at all inherent in the practice of law? I used to give them the benefit of the doubt, but now I know there is none. Quite simply, you can't trust a lawyer. Any lawyer.

So now it's in the repair shop, and there's a story for that too.

My brother first brought it to a store in Peninsular Plaza that dealt in Canon repairs. He was quoted something close to S$500. The G6 is going for S$900+, which the guy pointed out. Was he sure he wanted to repair the camera? Either way, he had to pay a fee of S$25 for the "service" provided in looking at the camera.

He decided to get a second opinion, so he paid the S$25 and left. I told him to go to the official Canon places at either Funan or Harbourfront.

At the Canon place, he was quoted $100++.

What a huge difference.

What lying scum.

Anyway, back to photos. I've noticed that people have many different reactions when confronted by someone wanting to snap their picture with a camera phone. A normal camera is one thing, but with one in a phone, their expressions pretty much run the gamut.

There are those who are able to adopt a polished pose almost instantly...

Image000
Is it just me, or does the guy in the background look retarded? Like, seriously.

Image025

Image027

Those who are frozen, like a deer in the headlights just before it gets run over and its intestines spill onto the road...

Image015

Image013

Image004

Those who run away...

Image026

Those who get mad...

Image006

Highly amused...

Image005

Or just plain go nuts.

Image031

Then there are those who just go, "Ah, fuck it, let's have another drink."

Image011

Image002

Which is also my preferred reaction.

Some more random pictures for your perusal:

Image008
Katy, Stage Manager extraordinaire

Image007
Yen Miin, Production Manager extraodinaire

I suspect I use the word "extraordinaire" too much.

My favorite author, Neil Gaiman, came to Singapore last week. I got bunches of stuff signed by him.

Image018

I've found that authors really like it when you give them weird crap to sign, stuff that's out of the ordinary. Be it a statue, an out-of-print book, an indie CD he released, or even your mother's old underwear - as long as it's not run of the mill, it makes his long day spent signing autographs a little more interesting.

But Neil's great. He's always nice, despite being exhausted, and likes to do little sketches while he's signing too.

On the movie front (because this is, after all, From a Cinewhore's Mind, I saw this poster for The Island.

Image032

The tagline is rather telling in itself. Plan Your Escape... because it will be bad.

During the trailer, huge letters announced that it was "from the director of Pearl Harbor and Armageddon". There's pedigree for you.

Still, I'll watch it.

Just for Scarlett, I will.

1 Comments:

At 1:42 AM, July 16, 2005, Blogger cinewhore said...

Actually, you didn't.

While this is the "original" 200th post, or something along those lines, technically, it's #201.

And you weren't even in the original one, because I hadn't taken the picture then.

Go ahead, cry.

 

gimme some mindfuckery

<< Home