Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Crash and Burn

Cathay Cineleisure had this contest thingy where if you predicted the Oscar winners in the ten categories they'd picked, you could win a free movie pass for an entire year. Imagine that, one whole year of free movies.

I almost got that pass.

For some strange reason, Best Director wasn't a category they'd picked. Anyway, out of the ten, I got nine right. They were:

Best Actor - Philip Seymour Hoffman (Capote)
Best Actress - Reese Witherspoon (Walk the Line)
Best Supporting Actor - George Clooney (Syriana)
Best Supporting Actress - Rachel Weisz (The Constant Gardener)
Best Animated Feature - Wallace & Gromit in The Curse of the Were-Rabbit
Best Art Direction - Memoirs of a Geisha
Best Costume Design - Memoirs of a Geisha
Best Foreign Language Film - Tsotsi (South Africa)
Best Visual Effects - King Kong

The one I didn't get?

Best Picture - Crash

I used to like the movie, but now I hate it, because it cost me my free movie pass.

I'd picked Brokeback Mountain, based on all the research that I could gather (i.e., going to Tim's blog and reading Premiere magazine). But apparently Roger Ebert picked correctly, beating almost every other film critic in the world.

All this leads me to one conclusion. Roger Ebert hates me and manipulated the results. Damn you, fat man! And to think I actually used to read your writing! I even own a couple of your books! You already get free movies, why must you deprive me of my chance?

And while I still stand by liking Crash (or at least, previously liking it), I thought all the other nominees sounded like worthier choices (I've only seen Brokeback, due to all the moving). Hollywood just lost all its collective balls.

Fuck Crash.

2 Comments:

At 9:03 PM, March 07, 2006, Blogger 우찌유 said...

just watched Police & Thief 2. the crow episode. it sucked eggs!!! ugh.

 
At 11:41 PM, March 14, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

suck it up lah. you'll still read roger ebert's reviews too! muahahaha. and the other movies were worthy best pictures too

 

gimme some mindfuckery

<< Home