Saturday, February 18, 2006

An Invitation

I'm flabbergasted. Especially when I haven't been sending it to any festivals. Apparently the SFC has been shopping it around for me.

I am writing as I would like to invite your film Pictures On the Wall to screen at the forthcoming Commonwealth Film Festival, which will take place 28 April - 7 May 2006 in Manchester, UK.

The Commonwealth Film Festival is now in its 5th year, and we have over the years grown into one of the UK’s largest and most diverse Festival. Every year we showcase around 200 films and welcome 100 foreign filmmmakers and industry representatives to England. We are also tour elements of the programme to various venues in the UK.

We aim to give our presentations maximum exposure to the press, the industry and the public, with screenings, Q&A’s, press interviews and parties. The festival takes over four screens in Manchester’s city centre. It includes a full programme of discussions, seminars and masterclasses involving visiting filmmakers, critics and academics, as well as parties and networking events. Though non-competitive, we do have a popular audience award.

Would a 35mm print or Beta SP (PAL) be available for the Festival?

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Programming Assistant
Commonwealth Film Association

It's nice to know somebody values my work, even if my company doesn't.

I wonder if I should make time (and money!) aside for a trip to Manchester come April?

Hospital Shoot

4 Comments:

At 2:30 AM, February 18, 2006, Blogger Allan Koay 郭少樺 said...

CONGRATS, DUDE!

all the best!

when or how can i see the film? does Yasmin have a copy? may i borrow it?

 
At 4:30 AM, February 18, 2006, Blogger Cameron said...

YAY this is so awesome. i wish we could all go see it. are they going to fly you out or anything fancy like that? if so, can they fly me out too? i can say lots of interesting things like "When we were shooting this scene it was really really cold."

 
At 5:50 AM, February 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You mean 2006 not 2005 right?

Anyway that's way cool! Congrats!

How come the film fest isn't held in central London though.

 
At 8:43 AM, February 18, 2006, Blogger cinewhore said...

Visitor: I believe Yasmin does, in fact, have a copy. Feel free to approach her for it.

Cam: I hope they're flying me out, I just asked them yesterday. And I can say interesting things like, "When we were shooting this scene the boy was yelling 'fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck!' all the way."

anon: Yep, the original email they sent me was wrong. Amended.

 

gimme some mindfuckery

<< Home