Thursday, February 02, 2006

Discoveries During the Course of Research

While doing research for my latest script, I came across two discoveries that blew my mind.

One: That an illiterate driver, not much older than myself, was drawing a higher salary than what I am now. And this was four years ago, when the economy was doing worse.

Now that's just wrong.

Two: That the paramedic who arrived at the scene and pronounced the victim dead was actually a coursemate of mine at medic school.

Singapore is just too fucking small.

5 Comments:

At 5:43 AM, February 03, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

who died?

 
At 8:33 AM, February 03, 2006, Blogger cinewhore said...

No one I know.

 
At 10:47 AM, February 03, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

now u know. Jobs in this industry pay peanuts. Was in the industry for 5 years due to passion but eventually reality bites. Can't keep drawing such low pay forever you know. Now a banker, though job is not as interesting but at least the salary is three times of what I used to draw. Call me shallow but really you can't support a family with that kind of pay. What about you? How long do you intend to slug it out?

 
At 3:36 AM, February 04, 2006, Blogger Dewei said...

I realised that my gf lived under the same blk as me about 18 yrs ago and we are long distance relatives at her grandma's funeral last year. Speak of singapore being small...

 
At 12:07 PM, February 04, 2006, Blogger cinewhore said...

Isn't that just a teeny bit, well, incestuous?

 

gimme some mindfuckery

<< Home