Friday, January 27, 2006

Long-Overdue MOS Post

MOS

If you were even remotely interested in clubbing, you definitely would've hit the new (well, relatively new) Ministry of Sound at Clarke Quay by now. It opened in December, so I'm sure bloggers from all over Singapore have been raving about it for quite a while. That is, if bloggers ever get out. So I shan't write too much; I'll just be lazy, slap some pictures on and call it a day.

MOS Wide

Some quick facts though: The website claims that this is the biggest MOS establishment in the world, at 40,000 square feet. There are tons of rooms, ranging from the huge Main Arena to the über-cool lounge Pure.

MOS Entrance

What I like most about it is that it's big enough so you don't feel claustraphobic, like you can get at many small clubs. For the same reason, here's an added advantage for the ladies - reduced chances of getting felt up by random weird-ass men (unless you go for that sort of thing). If you're ever sick of one genre of music you can always move to another room. Unfortunately if you move, you lose your table, pretty much, which can be rather sad.

circular motion

What I don't like about it: The fact that Pure, my favorite room in terms of décor, plays deep house. This is a genre of music which I find, to my utter amazement, I am physically incapable of dancing to. Which makes no sense at all, because as any aficionado of deep house can tell you, there are very strong beats all over the damn place, and everyone knows that once you have a beat you can dance, right? You'd think so, but you'd be wrong. Maybe it's a physical defect that I have, or something. I wonder if I can apply for a disability sticker so I can park in handicapped lots. Probably not.

red light district

Anyway, I went there a few days after it opened with some colleagues. It was rather fun, ooh-ing and ah-ing over all the different rooms, and since the bartender was someone's friend (only in Singapore - it's just too fucking small) we got some real drinks. These made everyone get quickly from this stage...

4 of us

to this stage. The one-for-one offer helped too.

mouth agape

connie with d wackos

mindy getting kissed

And for some, even to this stage.

Drunk on Table

Puke

Anyway, having to piggyback a drunk person home is not fun. It's only made slightly better by the fact that the piggybackee weighs very little. If you're rather big in stature and want to get shitfaced, please don't go with me. I'm not that strong.

2 Comments:

At 11:40 PM, January 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So MOS is a club, I always thought it was some org.sg

 
At 10:08 PM, January 28, 2006, Blogger Dewei said...

haven been there yet too...bringing drunk people home sux. done that twice...good thing i had another person to help me... the puke smell is the worst part of it...

 

gimme some mindfuckery

<< Home