Thursday, January 26, 2006

A World Under Apple

Thanks to Tim and Cameron for this news. Since I hardly read anything vaguely news-related, other blogs are one of my big sources of information, especially about goings-on in the good ol' US of A.

Anyway, Disney has bought Pixar, apparently.
The terms include giving (Steve) Jobs an estimated 7% stake in Disney and letting Pixar's top creative executive, John Lasseter, have a key role in advising Disney in creative matters.
While some may disagree, I think it seems like a good deal for everyone. Disney gets a share of the huge Pixar profit pie, John Lasseter gets to teach Disney how to make good movies all over again (for the last time, people, a good script matters more than adorable cuddly character designs), and Steve Jobs, also CEO of Apple Computer, gets one step closer to realizing his plans for world domination.

For everyone else, it just means better entertainment in the future, hopefully. And no more shit like Chicken "someone please exorcise that fucking annoying song from my brain!" Little.

1 Comments:

At 10:50 AM, January 26, 2006, Blogger 94533 said...

Ya more money moving around....
by the way nice site. I am also interested in filming/directing. I will make some documentaries down the road. once i get my hd camera...

 

gimme some mindfuckery

<< Home