Monday, January 30, 2006

He'll Be Comin' Round the Mountain When He Comes

I apologize for the title's over-abundance of innuendo. I couldn't resist.

Anyhow, I flipped open the Life! section of the Straits Times on Saturday night, and my jaw dropped in amazement when I saw the back page.

Brokeback Mountain has been passed without cuts in Singapore!

Holy shit.

Can't wait till February 16.

Funny thing was, the picture they used was that of Ben Stiller as Derek Zoolander. Apparently, Zoolander, which was banned a few years back for depicting a Malaysian Prime Minister as a giggling idiot (fucking bureaucrats sucking our neighbor's dicks), is going to get a theatrical release.

Of course, since I love that movie (one of my greatest guilty pleasures ever), I'll have to catch that. Even though I've seen it so many times on DVD. Just seeing the scene where that gas station blows up, along with all the male models, on a giant screen will make my day.

Then there'll be all these movies to look forward to in the next couple of months: Munich, North Country, Walk the Line, Syriana, et. al. Sounds like fun, fun, fun.