Wednesday, May 03, 2006

2.5 Hours to Amsterdam

Remaining flight time: 2.5 hours

I take off my eyemask and blink furiously, painfully in the dim cabin. The rumble of the aircraft is a distant drone. Bless whoever invented earplugs! With the combination of mask and plugs I've managed to cocoon myself away for a good portion of the 12.5 hour flight.

It's hard to believe 10 hours have passed already. Let's see... I've had some nibbles, a meal, a few drinks - but nothing alcoholic (surprise, surprise!), read half my book (Sidney Lumet's Making Movies, highly recommended) and basically stayed unconscious the rest of the time.

I'm actually supposed to do some work on the flight, but I really don't feel like taking out my laptop. It's such a hassle, plus there's no real elbow room to speak of.

I haven't even touched my iPod yet. In fact, I've been neglecting it for a few weeks now, ever since I moved. Gadgets come and go in cycles, don't they?

I have no fucking clue what to do once I reach Manchester, but I'm sure things will work out. It's good to know someone who's going; at least I can call her for help.

It's nice not to fly United all the time - at least the food on KLM is better - but damn, I miss the extra legroom in Economy Plus! Being the idiot that I am, I forgot to request for an aisle seat. The silly woman stuck me in the centre all the way! It's times like these that I wish I was shorter and scrawnier.

Funny fact: For the longest time when I was a kid, I actually thought KLM was a Malaysian airline. It never occurred to me that it might be Dutch. I mean, KL - Kuala Lumpur (the capital city) and M - Malaysia. It's perfect!

KLM Plane

Anyway it's 4:20 am, wherever we're flying over. Time for me to pass out again.