Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Cathay Cares

I'd been very mad this past weekend because I saw that Cathay had yanked Good Night, and Good Luck from their screening schedules before I'd had a chance to see it. I scanned the papers on Thursday and Friday, and it was still showing, and that usually means that the movie will be sticking around for another week at least. So imagine my shock on Saturday when it was nowhere to be found in the listings. In fact, I was so pissed off that I made a little detour to the Cathay today to give them a piece of my mind.

I suppose it was lucky for them that I spoke nicely first and didn't try to fuck them upside down with my first sentence. After they explained things to me, I realized I'd been mad for nothing. Apparently the print they received was so bad that they decided to pull the plug on it prematurely, and was merely waiting for another print to arrive before they ran it again.

It's nice that they actually give a shit about the quality of the print and the projection and you know, actually keeping standards high. However, the least they could've done was to put out a notice in the theatre, on their website and in their ads in the papers mentioning the fact. Otherwise, you have a whole bunch of people pissed off about nothing. But hey, there's a corporation for you.

Here's hoping the print arrives soon.

Addendum: As of Thursday 8 June, it's back on screens. Kudos to Cathay.