Thursday, May 18, 2006

Why Can't I Write?

I'm really doing quite horribly the last few days, work-wise. Just can't seem to get things off the ground and actually start writing some shit. What's worse, I feel so lazy and lethargic during the day, and seem to be only able to function at night. This would be well and good, but I often have meetings and such in the mornings (at least for this week) and this pretty much saps my energy.

Now the deadlines are breathing down my neck. It's a high-profile project, and so far I've only got less than 10 pages to show for writing almost the entire night away. Yes, it blows. It doesn't help that I have another project that I have to juggle with almost-as-pressing deadlines.

Cigarettes? Check. Nibbles? Check. Batman Begins soundtrack on repeat to get in the mood? Check. Beer? Um, I haven't started on that, but I've got some in the fridge. What else do I need? Or are they all just distractions?

Am I about to royally fuck myself over?