Thursday, June 15, 2006

There's a Bare Metal Plate on the Wall...

where my air-conditioning unit used to be.

See, after we moved in, we realized that almost all the units in this house were faulty. Excessive condensation would occur, dripping onto whatever was down below. Sometimes, the water droplets would even be blown out like someone spitting a fine mist of water at you. There was no way of predicting when or under what circumstances the units would do these things, so every day was an adventure, particularly for me since I'd placed my bed directly beneath the unit in my room.

So we got pissed and made several angry phone calls, and got the Samsung guys in to fix it. Problem was, it was such a long and arduous process. I swear, the first time they were here, they didn't do anything at all. They kinda opened the units up, poked around, poured some water in, useless busy-looking bits like that. Nothing changed.

Turns out the units weren't levelled when they installed them, so water was flowing away from the drainage pipe instead of towards it. But that took several more visits to determine. Eventually they fixed every unit in the house, and we were satisfied. This took maybe two months or so from the time we moved in.

Then one day I was happily on the verge of falling asleep, when... *pffft!* the machine's colorless ejaculate hit my face, jolting me back into consciousness. Over the next few days, it occasionally dripped or spit water, and I was pissed as hell.

The Samsung guys came again, only to cheekily grin less than ten minutes later as they announced they'd come with a part meant for a different model. They promised to return soon.

One month later. Yesterday. They came, they had the wrong part again, they tried to laugh it off.

They took the entire fucking unit back with them.

I admit, I've gotten spoilt. I'm so used to working under climate-controlled conditions that I just can't deal with the heat and humidity while trying to create. It doesn't work anymore. So I got mad again and made some nasty phone calls.

They said it'd be here after 4 pm today. It's now 4.30 pm. Let's see what happens.


Addendum: 7 pm, and it's finally back.