Friday, August 24, 2007

The New 旻

Finally, after months of planning and non-action, I had my second tattoo done yesterday. The main reason for it was just so I had something a little more visible than my Ouroboros symbol on my back, so I decided to go for something safe. And hey, what can be safer than my own name, right?

By the way, this was one of the more surreal experiences I'd ever had, as I was getting a tattoo in a tattoo parlor in Chinatown, with graphic illustrations of Japanese demons staring down at me balefully, and with Johnny Cash playing on the CD player in the joint. I will forever associate Sam Hall (with the refrain "Damn your eyes!") and Danny Boy with tattoos.

Thanks to the tattoo artist Colin for completely redesigning the symbol when my original version didn't work well - I was going to use the one on my business card, but it was too skinny and looked odd on my arm.

Tattoo 1.jpg

Tattoo 2.jpg

So there you have it: 旻 (Min).

Tattoo 3.jpg

1 Comments:

At 4:17 PM, August 24, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ouch.

 

gimme some mindfuckery

<< Home