Tuesday, August 26, 2008

First Class Plug

Recently I've been mass-emailing and Facebook-ing all my contacts, bombarding them with messages plugging my new show. But I've forgotten another outlet that reaches out to people I might not even know. Yep, I forgot to post a plug on my own blog. How silly!

So without further ado, here it is:


First Class is a new Singaporean comedy series I created (along with a co-creator). It's a fast, furious and funny exploration of the insanity that can happen in a typical Singapore secondary school, "in the style of" (or "copying", or "emulating", or "paying homage to", whichever you pick) recent US comedies like 30 Rock and Arrested Development, which I adore. Of course it's not nearly there, but that's the general direction we try to head in.

It'll be hard going, considering that most Singaporeans' idea of comedy is still stuck in the silly slapstick that Phua Chu Kang and Jack Neo used to provide (the latter seems to have lost even his touch for silly slapstick, as his ego gets too big for himself and he fancies himself a Filmmaker - but I digress).

Anyway, I co-wrote every single script and also directed an episode, and this is probably the best thing I've done since I joined this godforsaken company. So here's what I need people to do.

Please watch the show.
Talk about it.
Get the word out.
Tell all your friends.
Visit the Facebook page and sign up as fans.
Invite your friends to be fans.
Visit the official website.
Download the spinoff episodes (episodes for viewing on your 3G mobile phone - don't worry, they don't cost extra) or watch them online here.
And it wouldn't hurt to drop our dear monopolizing broadcaster a note and let them know you like it.

First Class debuted National Day, 9 August, on Channel 5, and we achieved decent ratings that day. When the second episode aired, we managed to beat our competition by a pretty good figure, and hopefully that will continue to be the case.

For those who missed the episodes that've already aired, here's a YouTube video of the first one, and here's the one of the second. You can find the other parts of the respective episodes from the links on the pages. Of course the video's aren't completely legal (well, not at all, actually), but I'm grateful nonetheless. We need all the help we can get, to make this a big hit.

The third episode airs tonight, at 8:30 pm on Channel 5. Be there.

Thanks in advance.

1 Comments:

At 3:34 PM, September 01, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's really not bad.
haven't been able to watch it as i have classes on tues. so i caught it on your youtube links.
keep it up.

 

gimme some mindfuckery

<< Home