Saturday, October 18, 2008

Wakes and Funerals and Sleepless Nights

And regular work as well all add up to a very exhausted Cinewhore.

The last episode of First Class aired on Tuesday night.

My uncle (or to be more specific, my 姨丈, i.e. my mother's sister's husband) died that very night.

One of the more embarrassing ways to exit this world, I think, to have your heart give out on you in the shower.

I didn't know him as well as I should've. But the same words came from everyone who came. He was a good man. And he really was. A perpetual smile for everyone. And when he smiled, he smiled with his entire face and his eyes and his heart. He didn't deserve to go in such a manner at all, and at such a young age (mid-50's).

His 16 year-old daughter, my cousin, gave his eulogy today just before his body was cremated. I learnt it's really hard to keep a camera steady when tears are obscuring your vision with every blink.

She's a strong girl. I think she'll be OK. Eventually.

For now, I need to get away from death.