Friday, October 22, 2004

Last Bit o' Bitchin' (For a While, At Least)

I spoke to the department that used to handle (and I hope are still handling) us scholarship people today regarding my worries, and while I found a welcoming ear in my "handler" (heh, it's like I'm an undercover operative or something), I found her boss to be a little less, well, empathic. Maybe she's heard from too many people, or feel that all this is below her, I dunno. I mean, it's not like she was pissed at me or anything and gave me bad advice. It's more like advice along the lines of "wait and see", "we don't have, and can't give you a concrete plan", and tossing in, of course, the all-consuming "merger". That fucking merger's an excuse for everyone to fuck everything up, I tell you. She did tell me to write a list of what I think I can do and am not doing, maybe that will help somewhat. I mean, at least they can more fully "exploit" my mind and not just my physical body. So anyhow, I'm still not that better off in terms of knowing where I stand, but at least someone knows I'm pissed as fuck. Who knows, maybe in a couple months I may decide to place a homemade bomb in the CEO's office out of sheer spite, if no one gives a fuck. I mean, sometimes I'm that close to snapping. Which is when I run to ol' Mother Nicotina and suckle at her smoky teat (with apologies to the Friends writers for stealing their joke). But cigarettes are expensive and supposedly they kill, so I'm not sure if that's a good thing.

I swear though, this is the last bitching session here for a while at least. Reading a friend's blog sobered me up a little and made me feel guilty for being such a little bitch.

I mean seriously, what's so difficult about such a request? My peers' parents don't just die on them in relatively quick sucession, leaving them to deal with all the scary shit like paying bills, making sure all transfer documents are signed, that our money is not retained by the government, check, check and check that all is in place, basically all the practical ie survival stuff, that I'd hate to care and I wouldn't give a damn ideally. Hello, like how do I arrange a funeral blah blah. May I write about it instead?

I'd still like to thank her for quoting me in her blog though, it's always flattering to be quoted and/or linked.

Like I told her, I/we will gladly help her out when (I think it's more of a "when" than an "if", unfortunately) it happens and take care of at least some of the bitchwork for her. It's the least I/we can do.

If anything, I try to be a good friend to people I consider friends. Not necessarily the "hi-bye" folks, I mean, I'd bum them a ciggie once in a while, but that's about it. I mean people I really give a fuck about, in that "you mess with my friend and I will fuck your shit up" kind of way. And well, history helps. I think we've got too much history to be plain ol' "friends", much less "hi-bye friends", and I'll stand by my word.

And hey, I haven't even started on the really, really good friends.

You fuck with those and you fucking die, motherfucker. I fucking swear.

Of course, there aren't too many of those around, so you're pretty safe. Count your blessings, you punk-ass bitch.

1 Comments:

At 2:22 PM, October 23, 2004, Blogger Angeline said...

Tell me all about the "talk" and who "handled" you!!!

And don't hit the pause button for griping. Reading them is very comforting okay.

Here's to an avalanche of good things coming our way!!

 

gimme some mindfuckery

<< Home