Friday, October 01, 2004

Random Bites

A triumphant albeit somewhat ridiculous beginning at mahjong last night quickly slipped into pathetic attempts at constructing ever-more-ambitious combinations, which of course turned my lead into a deficit like that. Ah well. Such is life.

So neither mine nor Osato's Even If I Told You made it to the Chicago Filmfest. That makes me sad. That means no free visit to Evanston in the near future.

From Cameron's livejournal:
Quote of the Day:
"People should not name their main characters "James Kapner" unless their name is something vaguely different from "James Kapner."
- Adam Bertocci

My subscriptions to Premiere and American Cinematographer have started showing up in my mailbox. Yay.

I've come to realize an essential skill in being a CEO is the ability to rattle on for hours while sounding very much like you know what you're talking about, but in reality saying nothing at all. It's amazing how they sidestep every question and turn it into something else. No wonder all these politicians are ex-CEOs or something.

Sepet, one of my likes from the Malaysian filmfest, has opened at Cineleisure Orchard. Catch it if you can, preferably with someone you can cuddle up to. It has its flaws, but like I said, is far too likeable for you to be pissed at them.

Anyone know where I can get a three-room flat that's relatively clutter-free, and somewhere that can pass for a hospital's ER? I'm getting kinda desperate for these locations. Maybe I should leave the apartment instead of sitting around writing my blog and actually look for them. I bet that would help.

Labels: