Wednesday, October 27, 2004

A Quickie Before Bed

Just a quick post before I slip off to bed. Updates, updates.

I got gmail. Which I'm happy about.
The Good: 1 GB of storage.
The Bad: I can't use it with my Outlook Express yet.
The Ugly: Since I can't find the installation CD I can't even install my modem thingy into my laptop, so all internet access at home is through my Windows 98 PC, which is just about on its last legs. I mean, the screen periodically blacks out. Which is only slightly better than the pink that my laptop screen is 100% of the time.

Have jumped over to do casting for a sitcom. Am starting to call some big names in the local biz these past few days. Am also getting ignored by their agents, haha. At least it beats running around in the sun doing bitchwork. It was a matter of push-pull, I suppose. Remember when my PM was telling me my days were numbered? Well, a post here opened up and I was asked by my EP if I was interested. She was very nice about it and all, but I kinda got the hint. She has said this was only temporary though, so maybe she was really being nice. I'll keep an eye out though, you never know what these old foxes have hidden away.

Saw the first episode I was attached to on national TV for the first time Monday night. The editors just mutilated it. There were many things I wasn't happy with, especially annoying freeze frames, speed ramping up and down, and just plain bad cuts. There should've been more action, I mean, we did shoot tons of footage of burning walls, people rioting and shit. I mean, that's what people wanna see, not boring shit of lame-ass wannabes who can't act or have proper pronunciation pretending to be lawyers in court.

I was surprised to see my blink-and-miss-it cameo in there. I'd forgotten they'd even shot it. Basically I was in a boat and I put my head down as the police boarded it. It's a very wide shot and I'm tiny, but you can still see me and my tattoo for all of... oh, two seconds.

I was even more surprised to see that the next episode was my starring debut. Somehow I always had the impression it was gonna be episode 3, but it seems it's really episode 2. Oh well. It's really quite bizarre to see that much of yourself in a trailer playing on TV. I hope I don't take public transport too much this week, or at least, they don't show the trailer while I'm taking the damn bus. Stupid MobileTV. You can't escape it anywhere. Now it's even in food courts. Why would someone think people would watch shitty programs on mute when they're eating? Luckily I think I look significantly different after they did my hair all 60's-like that no stupid kid is gonna point and whisper to his mummy, "There's the bad man that beat the other man to death in that trailer just now."

Oh yes, and I insist I still don't photograph well at all. If you took a jackfruit and kinda stomped on it some, it would probably resemble my face, or at least, what you'd see on TV next week.