Sunday, December 04, 2005

Bunch of Stuff

Rent's World Tour came and went. Karen Mok did better than I thought, even though compared to the rest of the cast, her voice seemed noticeably weaker. At least she's got Mimi's moves down right (mostly). And, well, it was Rent, so I enjoyed it. Collins' solo in I'll Cover You (Reprise) never fails to get me. My companions also had a good time, I'm happy to report.

Levi's engineered jeans has made a reappearance, woohoo! I tried some on the other day, and what can I say, I'm a sucker for them. Oh year-end bonus, when will you arrive?

One of my favorite lines from Seinfeld:
George's mother: I come home and find my son treating his body like it was an amusement park.
(in the hospital recuperating from a fall, sustained when she discovered her middle-aged son with a Glamour magazine, doing... you know)

Have been understudying this Hong Kong director on the sitcom. His mind moves so quickly it hurts to try to keep up with him. I'm desperately trying to learn as much as possible every single day... The only disadvantage he has as a director is that his English isn't exactly that great, so he could miss some comedic beats here and there, but it's forgiveable since I'm there to catch them. Otherwise, his sense of rhythm, comedic timing and staging can't really be beat by any other director on the show.

And in even better news, I'm getting scenes to direct! Let's see if I can handle a multiple camera setup in the studio... Fingers crossed...

I guess it's only on this show, with this EP, that I could've gotten the chance to actually ask for this and get it. Everyone else is so entrenched in the dreaded Asian mentality of age and seniority that they're blind to the fact that age and experience doesn't necessarily mean ability. Lucky this guy's from the US, and doesn't have that misconception.

The Asian Television Awards also came and went, not that I attended. It's such a huge joke that probably one of the most unfunny things on the tube won the Best Comedy Programme (hint: it's the first one on the list), whereas our show wasn't even nominated because someone didn't even want to put it up for consideration. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if next year's winner was the ATV Awards Show 2005. "(The show) is all heart, there's just simplicity", said the EP. Yeah, right. All heart, just simplicity (does this mean it's for the simple-minded?) and zero funny.

Palpatine killed the new series I was supposed to be writing on. When the EP broke it to me, he seemed to be trying to cheer me up, when actually I could tell he was a lot harder hit. After all, it was his baby, not mine. The worst thing is, she killed it for a stupid personal grudge (but obviously had an "official" excuse). As long as people like that can throw their weight around, the future looks bleak. Well, that and the fact that shit can win awards.

Shooting tomorrow in some very public malls. I'll get to see Irene again, after the musical, which will be cool. And this time, she'll be saying lines I wrote! Is that cool or what? And I can ask Mark exactly what lines of dialogue he quoted in his acceptance speech last night. I didn't catch them, because... well, you don't seriously expect me to pay attention to the annual masturbatory, self-aggrandizing ritual that is the Star Awards, do you?

3 Comments:

At 1:00 PM, December 06, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Irene really slimmed down! wohoo!

-ww

 
At 1:48 PM, December 06, 2005, Blogger Remus Lupin said...

YEAP!! ITS RENT RENT RENT RENT RENT!!!! AND THE CAST IS FANTABULOUS! AWESOME!WOOHOOo!!!!

As for karen, u're right. i think she put in ALOT of effort to pull off Mimi's role but i don't concurr that she got mimi's move down right. And, she looked as though she's doing aerobics during her rendition of " going out tonight". I think the main reason why her act was just so-so is coz the rest are way too good.

AND I LOVE ANGEL! I LOVE MAUREEN!I missed pam oei for being joanne though.

 
At 11:48 PM, December 10, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

See, this what I like about you, wmx. You like Rent, and Rent's full of gay characters. You like Live In My House, which is sung by a gay man to another gay man. You're so friggin' New Age guy. So rare to find a straight man with such an open mind. I'll love you always.

Tell me. Don't you have a gf? She's a fucking lucky bitch. If she's reading this, I just wanna know: Is wmx good in bed? I bet he is. He's attractive without really knowing it. That's the best. When attractive guys realise they're attractive, that's when they lose their appeal completely.

It'll prob happen to wmx too, but in the meantime, while he's still not entire self-conscious abt his attractiveness, I'll wank thinking of him.

Your gay fan

Btw, to The Visitor,you are not hotter than wmx. I visited your site. You don't have half the edge that my darling wmx has. wmx is a bitchy straight men - that's the sexiest kinda man I know

xxxxxxxx

Sigh...

Your gay fan

 

gimme some mindfuckery

<< Home