Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Good Tidings, Bad Tidings

Good and bad things happened.

The good: My scene went more smoothly than I thought, and various accidents and stuff the boys came up with were integrated into the montage, which I felt made it stronger than what I originally thought of. My colleagues were surprised to see how high I got on set... It's just the rush that directing always gives me. Here's to more good shoots!

The bad: Came in this morning to see an email of Palpatine's, wanting me to be "released" from this show and clear my leave before I join another team in January with a "clean slate". Now, I have no problems with joining another team, but this is quite clearly an attempt to take away whatever I'm about to achieve over here.

In my carefully-worded reply (which I had another colleague check so that it was relatively inoffensive), I stated in no uncertain terms that this wasn't what was agreed upon previously. My leave was my sole concern, and I know enough to clear all my days without disrupting anyone's production. Even if I have uncleared leave at the end of the financial year, it is my loss and no one else's.

No one, but no one, tells me what to do. You can plan all you want, Evil Ruler of the Empire, but I take orders from no one. Fuck off and go self-pollinate with your Flowers. Goddammit, why can't you be more professional and not make everything so personal? Even if you don't like me, respect my work, and the fact that other people are willing to give me opportunities that you continually deny me every chance you get.

I'm also relishing the fact that Palpatine likes a script I wrote (not knowing I wrote it), and only recently found out the truth. Boy, that must've been a slap in the face. But honestly, that was probably one of the worst scripts I've written. It's the only one that has no reason to exist. There's no real substance to the story, nothing beyond what's on paper, no deeper meaning, no issues at hand. Even the story is pretty lame-ass. And that's probably why it's so perfect for them and their feeble little minds.

I've drawn roosters for my colleagues and myself, to ward off these backstabbing bastards. It's a silly superstition, but I enjoyed doing it and pasting them up in our cubicles. And who knows, maybe it'll even work.