Sunday, January 01, 2006

#301: The First Post of 2006

This year's Eye é City felt different. It was the first time I started shooting at night, in the wee hours of December 31st. In past years, we usually met during the day and continued till night.

Then I also had to work. Last year I had to work half a day, but this year there were meetings with family in the morning, and some actual directing to do in the afternoon. In effect, almost my entire day was gone.

Not to mention the lack of sleep the nights before making me very tired.

Anyhow, I'm not entirely sure of continuing with this annual thing. It becomes more of a chore than a fun activity when you're tied up for most of the day. If I have to work or am tied up with stuff for most of the day this year end, then I'm not taking part. I don't want it to feel like a job assignment.

Anyhow, here are some selections.

Departure Hall

Breaktime

Tunnel

Bridge

Bedroom

Laundry

Stairway

Studio High

Studio Low

Death Sentence

Chess

Lion Head

Dead Dragon

After Dinner

North Bridge Road

I don't feel as much for this batch of photographs as I did for last year's. Somehow there doesn't seem to be any that has that extra "oomph!". But who knows, maybe I'll warm up to them with time.

Meanwhile, have a happy new year. May 2006 suck less than 2005 did for everyone.

2 Comments:

At 10:31 AM, January 03, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey i quite like this batch leh... at least 50% of it... shen1 huo2 xie3 zhao4...

-ww

 
At 7:50 PM, January 03, 2006, Blogger Dewei said...

There's something about breaktime that captures me. Nice pics really.

 

gimme some mindfuckery

<< Home