Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Who's Going?

Have you ever encountered this scenario?

You're trying to organize something, be it a night out on the town, or a gathering with friends, or simply just a quick bite in the middle of the night. Or maybe you're somewhere fun and want people to join you. You send out SMSes, make calls, and everything's going fine. Then out of the blue someone asks you:

"Who's going?"

Or, sometimes, "Who's there?"

Not that I'm sexist or anything, but I can guarantee you, 9 times out of 10, the person who asked is a female. I don't know why. Maybe it's the bargain-hunter in them, always trying to get the "better deal".

Now ladies, listen up. Let me tell you right now, I fucking hate that question. Detest it. Abhor it. Loathe it. And here's the reason why.

First, you appear wishy washy, and I don't like people like that.

Second, you seem like you're weighing your options, in which case I probably don't want to know who you prefer over me.

Third, evidently I'm not enough of a draw for you to want to come, in which case, fuck it, I don't want you here either.

And it's not just me, other people have expressed their complete disgust with these questions as well. If we're not worth your time, you're not worth ours. We don't wanna be the "shittier deal" that you get stuck with.

So make up your fucking minds. Either you say "yes", or you say "no". We're not gonna be offended either way. What offends us more is you asking "Who's going?" We get absolutely fucking pissed off with that question.

Understood?

Whoever asks me that question next gets a punch in the face, lady or not.

6 Comments:

At 11:33 AM, December 27, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agree.. I greatly dislike people who ask that too... and it's always (at least in my case) the "unlikely to turn up" ones who are asking that.

Think I am guilty of that too in younger days..... though I will say yes before that question, hahahaha

Indeed, ladies are prone to asking that. When a guy asked me that, he automatically loses his "manliness" (as if he care for my opinion!). Somehow wishy washyness in men is less tolerated.. maybe you guys know, that's why... :-P

 
At 1:56 PM, December 27, 2005, Blogger Remus Lupin said...

i did that. I admit. And i did that an xmas eve.

well, but sometimes, its coz we dun want to end up twiddling our thumbs and getting weird stares from pple who rather that we are not there.or, it might be for a headcount to prepare for enough pressies and not leave anyone sulky for being left out.or perhaps someone else whom u seriously detest is there and u really rather give it a pass to avoid a scene. or there are tons other possible scenarios that a casual "who's there" can prevent negative consequences.

Plus, no one expects (well, at least i dun) u to list A-Z the pple but maybe MH's "the usual" or in our gin gang case " the boys/girls" will suffice. Anyway, I asked that on xmas eve coz 'the girls' who msged me were not with u guys so i wondered if u were having a boys night out and i'll be so intrusive.

Peace. This is not meant to antagonise u.

 
At 2:37 PM, December 27, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i agree with Dreamer... i'm guilty of asking that question too...

well... i tot its fine if pple asking who's going... coz they maybe avoiding some pple, or doesnt like some pple to be there... well they have the right to noe, i see no harm telling others the attendence ah... sometimes, even myself, i would prefer more than 2 pple meeting up, instead of juz 2 of us... the company really matters ah... or even juz curious if who are going as some pple may be MIA for a long time, if that person is appearing, its a plus plus pt to make a pt to go lor...

repeat Dreamer's last line:
Peace. This is not meant to antagonise u.

oh btw i cant post a comment in ur latest post...

ONE BIG reason she hates u coz u don't bootlick lor... LOL

 
At 5:53 PM, December 27, 2005, Blogger Allan Koay 郭少樺 said...

another one i hate is "Why ah?"

say you ask someone to come over to your desk for a minute, but the person doesn't move an inch but just says from his or her spot "Why ah?"

it's like, "hey stupid, if i can tell you right out why, i won't have to ask you to come over, would i? dumbass!"

 
At 12:39 AM, December 28, 2005, Blogger cinewhore said...

If there is someone you are consciously trying to avoid or desperately want to meet, then you can always be direct and ask, "Is XYZ there?"

And for any other reason, eg. to get food, you can always explain why. At least then people won't get pissed off thinking you're being picky.

Maybe the asker has the right to know. But the askee also has the right to refuse an answer, especially if no reason is given. Even more so in my case, where I go so far over my quota of SMSes I end up paying half my phone bill for them. I really don't want to send any more than necessary.

Finally, if we thought anyone would be intrusive, then we wouldn't ask them, right?

Aiyah, bottom line, just never, ever ask me that question again. Or any of the guys. We hate it.

 
At 3:31 AM, December 28, 2005, Blogger dark said...

great post.
agree or not well it depends.
but i agree w u that 9 out of 10 are females. i tried that numerous times. once i was w a fren and told him "see hah if not i send out msg to gather our class ppl, our class gals will say "who's going" and guys will say "sorry not free""
true enough all within my expectations. LOL
i mean sometimes its ok to ask but well females out there, there r so many black sheeps among u....
i mean if u r not gg, den say no not free rather than trying to be"polite" says whos there and then goes on to say "sorry guys u all enjoy urself i got sth on"
well realli ah tmd man sometimes but i suppose it's still acceptable....
but then dun let us catch u outside w other frens when the outing is set weeks ago!

 

gimme some mindfuckery

<< Home