Saturday, June 24, 2006

Dreams Die Here

It seems that the more writing I have to do for work, the less I want to be doing it in my free time - if I have any, that is. Which is ironic, because the more I have to write at work, the more things I have to bitch about in my personal writing.

And so I'm not even blogging all that regularly now, much less write my own scripts. I apologize, faithful (or not so faithful) readers, but I'm tired.

I realize I haven't written about any movie I've seen in almost two months. That's not right.


The other day in the office a colleague of mine, who's prone to asking strange questions as a form of greeting, said this to me: "So, what are you up to? Pursuing your dreams?"

I looked at him with sad eyes.

"Don't be silly, this is [insert Evil Company name]. Dreams die here."

3 Comments:

At 3:26 PM, June 24, 2006, Blogger Allan Koay 郭少樺 said...

dude, i feel exactly the same way. that's why i haven't been blogging about movies for a while too.

i havent been working on any of my script ideas. i've pretty much abandoned any film hopes. for now.

i work at (insert my company's name). and dreams die there too.

 
At 4:00 AM, June 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey guys, thanks for the insight. Now i know which companies to avoid. ;p

Perhaps, u can work in a company where all ur colleagues enjoy reading and doing stuff which u have absolutely no interest in (say stock market movement, quarterly financial results, latest MAS updates). That way, u can certainly remember ur dreams.

Then again, there's no one to share wat u enjoy reading, watching and doing too.

hm...

etoilefilantee

 
At 12:03 PM, June 25, 2006, Blogger cinewhore said...

In my case, colleagues are great, Superiors are assholes, and management is just blind.

It seems that you need a degree in stupidity before you can rise to that position.

 

gimme some mindfuckery

<< Home