Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Love/Hate

Why is it that sometimes when you want desperately to love someone, they insist on doing stupid things to push you away?

I teared while at the parade a few years back. Hell, I even felt some waves of emotion as I sat in the Picturehouse watching The Kallang Wave. I'd thought that I hated you, but that's not strictly true.

Yet you keep on coming up with stuff that just pisses me off, like fucking ridiculous ministers' salaries, claiming to be "democratic", a lack of respect for creative people, and the MDA.

Singapore, my country, I love you, and I hate you.

5 Comments:

At 7:04 PM, April 25, 2007, Blogger Angeline said...

biang. this post very dated can.

anyway, had all gone as planned, i should be watching the pretentious solos at this very moment. but of course, must be cut, therefore must be withdrawn and therefore, there will be, no show.

and so i sit here, marveling at the datedness of your feelings :X

 
At 7:17 PM, April 25, 2007, Blogger cinewhore said...

It's not dated, I saw Kallang Wave like 2 days ago, can? And I still feel this way mah.

 
At 10:56 PM, April 25, 2007, Blogger nate said...

please go see syndromes and a century at the singapore film festival - it's one of my favs from this year!

woah, i sound like spam...hmph.

 
At 1:01 AM, April 26, 2007, Blogger cinewhore said...

How did you even know it was playing at the Singapore Filmfest?

I do plan on catching it if I can still get tickets though...

 
At 5:10 AM, April 26, 2007, Blogger nate said...

i read too much variety ;-)

 

gimme some mindfuckery

<< Home