Monday, November 01, 2004

Am I Wearing My "Fuck Bush" T-shirt Tomorrow? Hell, Yeah!

It's November 1st now. My episode is showing tonight. But there are more important things at hand.

I think the title pretty much says it all.

To all my friends in the US, please get out and vote that motherfucker out of the White House tomorrow. For the love of God, Jesus, Allah, Buddha, Krishna, Satan, Whoever Else You Believe In, Or Whoever Else You Don't Believe In. The entire fucking world is counting on you guys to make the right decision. Some responsibility, huh?

If you need help in making your decision, here's where to go.

In other, more serious and close-to-home news... My colleagues who're doing these docudramas/crime reenactment shows have some fodder... Unfortunate incident though (that's an understatement if I ever made one), and I bet some heads are gonna roll over at the Woodlands checkpoint for letting the guy through. Gee, I'm not so sure I feel so safe now about you guys keeping terrorist scum out...

I don't know whether it's good that Singapore is so small or not. Because of our small size, every little piece of news is inevitably blown out of proportion, and I never fail to shake my head with amazement at "Tree Falls Over" being in the headlines. In this case it was probably a good thing though, since news got out and people started helping to search.

I can't help but think of the coupons that used to come in the mail when I was still in the US, those with the kids' pictures on one side and a coupon for discount meat on the other. Is that all that's left of them? A picture on a coupon, on a milk carton, on the internet? Reduced to mere statistics showing height, weight, age, hair color? How do people who know them get on with their lives, not knowing what happened? Even if they knew these kids were dead, at least there'd be closure. Gut-wrenching closure, to be sure, but closure nonetheless. But this... what the fuck is this? A picture printed on a coupon every year or so? How the fuck are they supposed to get on with their lives?

There's a screenplay in here somewhere, waiting to be written.

Unless someone's written it already. If any of you think of anything like this that's been done, let me know so I can kill my inspiration right here, right now.

Heading out to watch my episode in a bit at a buddy's place. Like I said, it's just gonna be too awkward to watch it with my parents, hence I'm removing myself from the equation.

Later.

1 Comments:

At 5:24 AM, November 02, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha... check this out...
http://www.livejournal.com/users/anniesj/331112.html
look at the no of comments posted...
-ww

 

gimme some mindfuckery

<< Home