Sunday, November 21, 2004

A Call For Help

As some of you may know, I have a pretty lame habit (well, to be honest, I have many, this being one of them). I have a notebook in which I write down the titles of all the movies I have seen thus far in my life.

To avoid confusion and possible insanity, I decided when I started it to only limit it to movies I saw projected in a theater or auditorium or some setting like that. Movies I saw in class were also not included.

I began it way back in 1992, twelve long years ago. Right now, the number has reached 951. A while after I started it, I thought I might as well put the movies I'd seen in theaters before 1992 in. Up to that point, I hadn't seen that many, so it was pretty easy. I put the four or five in, and that was that. Or so I thought.

Recently in a conversation, someone noted that when he was a kid, his parents had brought him to bunch of children's movies from China that were being shown in Golden Theatre. Yes, the one with the masturbating D.O.M. I take it that the place has declined somewhat since then.

Then I remembered with a jolt that I had gone to the same movies, movies which my dad had brought me to because they were Good For Me. Invariably, they were heavy with the moralizing, low-budget (but I couldn't really tell then), and really kind of boring.

But still, they're driving me nuts, because I cannot for the life of me remember a single title. Now without titles, it's kinda hard to make an entry in that ol' notebook of mine. And it's pissing me off that I have gaps in there now, because I'm that anal-retentive.

I remember one of them being about this kid who gets a lame-ass superpower. I don't remember anything else about any others in the bunch.

If anyone at all has any recollection of these movies, please please please leave a comment (or "mindfuck", as I'd like to call them henceforth) and put me out of my misery.

Much obliged.