Monday, November 22, 2004

A Shallow, Shallow Post

So I'm sitting in the office typing this, breathing through my mouth because my allergies kicked in and my nose is completely blocked off. The sporadic sneezing is annoying too. All these add up to put me in a dazed state. Seriously, this is when I hate myself the most. I really don't know how I ended up with this mess of a body.

Things I Hate About Myself
  1. My (nasal) allergies - to many different things including dust, temperature change, etc
  2. Various reservoirs of fat in places too many to mention
  3. Retarded facial hair growth - I'm never going to get that cooler-than-thou goateed look
  4. Lack of muscular definition - there's stuff there, it's just not visible or defined... perhaps due to item #2
  5. My voice on tape - it's just weird
  6. Somewhat-limited vocal range - sometimes I just wish it was a little wider and higher
  7. Severely engorged nostrils - this is wholly my fault, because I picked my nose exuberantly when I was a kid
  8. Large ugly-ass birthmark - I know this is silly, and it really doesn't piss me off that much... it's just not very pretty
I know, I know, I'm being a little bitch again. Some things on the list can be fixed, and I'm of the opinion that it doesn't hurt to improve yourself, even if it is on the shallow, superficial level. After all, I've been trying to dress better for years, and hopefully it's been working somewhat. Fixing things will cost money though, money which I don't have. So I guess I'll just have to make the best of things.

Of course, the one favorite thing about myself is my mind. There, now you see, I'm not all that shallow.