Tuesday, July 26, 2005

A Hacker, Two Signs and a Discovery

I guess not reading the papers or giving a shit about the news doesn't really do me that much good when it comes to casual conversation.

Ever have one of those moments where someone mentions an incident, but the reference is so vague that even though you wonder a little, you don't really bother to clarify it or to find out more?

I have those all the time.

And so it was when Angeline made a remark, something like "well, if a blog can be hacked, etc." Didn't make much sense then. Until I read about Xiaxue's blog hacking incident on 瘋子's blog. Yes, it's in Chinese. I can read Chinese, thank you very much. It's not a great skill, it's just really rare in my office.

Anyway, about Xiaxue, I'm really not a fan of hers at all. First, I hate pink, and her website is all pink. Besides the aesthetics, I don't really think she writes well at all. Why she's a columnist for a local paper (I'm not kidding) is beyond me. I find her blog juvenile, annoying and just a huge waste of time in general. And time is something this girl seems to have in abundance, seeing as how she Photoshops every other picture with some lame word balloon or other.

And this is the most popular Singapore blog. Just goes to show what great taste we have.

While she may not be my cup of tea, and while it's a given that some people find her website offensive - hell, I'm sure mine is offensive to tons of people - that's no justification for what happened to her. In short, her Blogger account was hacked into and all her entries - three years' worth - were deleted. I'm not surprised she became a complete wreck. I had an entry mysteriously disappear and I was traumatized for a while. I mean, three fucking years. That's a lot of posts.

She's gotten everything back, thanks to the gurus at Blogger, but no one deserves to have that happen to them. Not even if they're as annoying as she is. After all, she's just annoying, not evil. If you don't like reading her blog, then don't do it. I don't. It's not that difficult to do.

On the writing front, I've completed the first draft (kinda) of my sitcom screenplay.

I hate it.

I think there's one scene in the whole thing that I like, and I don't know how something that seemed like such a good idea just feels so dead. Anyway, I printed it out and I'll look over it on set tomorrow. I need to cut it down before I send it out, and hopefully I might be able to rework some bits.

I finished it in a cafe in Siglap this afternoon, came home, and promptly took a four hour-long nap. That was good.

I like finding friends' names on signs.

Image062
A street in the Mohamed Sultan area

Image061
In the Grand Copthorne Waterfront hotel

OK, they're not particularly funny, since they're really inside jokes. But hey, here's a funny one. This was taken in a video store in Suntec City. Check out the DVD under the Wrestling Corner sign.

Image063

Yep, you didn't make a mistake. That's Jesus in there. I bet he could kick some WWE ass. The Rock's a schoolgirl compared to him. That Jesus guy, he'll bitchslap you into next week if you look at him wrong. Maybe in his next movie they could get someone tougher to play him. That Jim Caviezel dude looked pretty scrawny.

Actually the Jesus DVD was from the compartment below. But still, putting Bible DVDs in a display thingy with a huge Wrestling Corner sign on it is just bizarre, even if it is on the second shelf.

2 Comments:

At 9:49 AM, July 26, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

no famous forefathers of ours to bear the same name as moi... how sad...

nevermd i shall be the first one...

madness! pui!
haha

-ww

 
At 7:04 PM, July 26, 2005, Blogger dark said...

Though U said Ur blog offend tonnes of ppl, I still love ur blog!!! At the very least U speak Ur mind and not try to be "socially" correct.
We dont need ppl like them. We need ppl who dare to do things, to say things.
Cheers.

 

gimme some mindfuckery

<< Home