Sunday, July 17, 2005

The One That Got In

On 31st December 2004 I went on a round-the-island photo shoot called Eye é City. We had to submit three selections out of all the pictures we'd taken, and the judges would pick 100 out of everyone's submissions.

I'm glad to announce that my favorite picture of the lot made it into the 100.

Window & Door
Choices

So I get to have my picture in the exhibition, which will be held in October at the spanking new National Library building, and I also get a free copy of the book with all 100 pictures. I think that's all I get.

I wish there was a cash prize. I could really use it right now.

By the way, the email notification also said:
Kindly keep the list and the results confidential so that we could have a better publicity effect for the event.

But we all know I don't really care about things like that.

And what the hell's a publicity effect supposed to be?

OK, I shall not be mean. I am not the grammar police.

Some people have two pictures in there. I was like, what the fuck?

Kiwi also has a picture in the 100, although it wasn't his personal favorite. I'm just glad mine is.

2 Comments:

At 8:43 AM, July 18, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe knew both of you would be able to get in!
and kiwi's 2nd consecutive year! how come his personal fav alwaz din get chosen huh? when's the exhibition? go take alook and shunbian go to the new lib to jalan jalan... hehe

-ww

 
At 9:48 AM, July 18, 2005, Blogger cinewhore said...

Because his taste is a little more quirky and whimsical. Their taste, on the other hand, is very middle of the road bourgeois wannabe artsy-fartsy. It's very easy to know what they'll like.

In October. Exact dates unknown.

 

gimme some mindfuckery

<< Home