Thursday, November 04, 2004

How "The Da Vinci Code" Screwed Me Over

I've always tried not to stay back in the office after hours. Firstly, I think it's really sad and pathetic. And secondly, I'm too lazy. However, now I'm being forced to, and it is all a result of my own doing.

See, I needed to rewrite this script. The deadline is tomorrow. I've been doing casting - making calls, auditioning people, etc. during the working day, so theoretically I should've been writing last weekend and at night. Last weekend kinda went by in a flurry of shopping and web-surfing, and the nights thus far have been lazy. Then I started panicking yesterday and resolved to start work last night.

Flashforward to the train ride home last night. I dug out this copy of The Da Vinci Code that my good buddy lent me on Monday when I watched my show at his place. Started reading it on the train. Bad mistake.

I only broke for a shower when I got home, and didn't stop reading till 2am. Goddamn. It's like one of those blockbuster movies that just has cool sequence after cool sequence. I know it's ultimately fluff (albeit pretty cool fluff), but damned if I wasn't hooked.

Snuck peeks at it all day today during smoke breaks, and finally finished it half an hour ago. Now I can start on my rewrite. Right after I finish this, of course.

So yeah, I blame you, kiddo. But it's all cool. Not like I haven't stayed up all night writing before. And really, it's probably my fault, what with my procrastinating habits and all. Heh. So no, I don't really blame you. As if I would... *grin*

Hot damn, I said "kiddo". I'm turning into Cameron.

1 Comments:

At 2:53 AM, November 10, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We actually have the book somewhere hidden in the house. If you look hard enough. Heh. --- ZY

 

gimme some mindfuckery

<< Home