Wednesday, November 03, 2004

What the Fuck?

Seriously, what the fuck is happening? The Republicans are leading??! Have the people of the United States gone completely insane? Jesus fucking Christ.

Let's hope this is only a temporary thing.

My internet connection at home is refusing to work, ever since I changed the homepage from one of the sites designated by whichever spyware my brother has loaded to google.com. I've been internet-less at home for an entire day, which explains why I have to blog from work. Am going to go mad over the weekend. Still, it meant that this morning I got to go for a swim instead of staring at the monitor before I left for work, which might possibly be a good thing.

I think my brother has a knack for fucking up our computer. Every time we get a new one, it seems that within no time every single virus ever written and every single bit of spyware in the world gets loaded into it. We get hundreds of pieces of spam a day in that email account, which I think no one uses right now. It's simply a pain to filter out the junk like "Hot Grandmas Waiting For A Fuck" from the legitimate email, which amounts to maybe 2 a day. If I can get by on my laptop for three years without getting a single virus infection, I don't see why he can't.

Seriously, that piece of junk is so pathetic, it takes something like two minutes just to startup. *chugchugchug*. I swear, sometimes I hear metal gears clunking around in the CPU. And it's still on Windows 98. Ugh. That's so... um, 1998.

I wrote yesterday about how my statement for the day had to be changed from "Fuck Bush" to a corporate T-shirt. This morning I had the inspiration to put on a "Happy Pothead" T-shirt that I got from Hash Bash as a means of making my complete statement. So the two shirts add up to: "Working in a Corporation makes me so depressed I want to become a Pothead". I think that's pretty sweet.

Saw an episode of a local sitcom being transferred yesterday which made me very happy, in all the right (or perhaps wrong) ways. The opening titles feature the main characters as cartoon drawings on pieces of board, like standees. When they wanted the standee to wave, the hand would be a separate section that would wave back and forth by itself. I was struck by the bold statement it was making: That the entire sitcom was populated by cardboard characters with as much depth as a standee. Then I realized that it was probably unintentional, which made it all the more beautiful. I giggled happily.

And this morning I happened to catch someone scrolling through a one-hour standalone drama that got my attention. She was trying to find ten seconds of it to pick out for showing at the Asian TV Awards, since it had been nominated for Best Single Drama or something. The images that caught my eye were that of a 13 year-old boy running after a truck that was driving away with the love of his life. Ah, the coming-of-age tale, the genre that always gets me, no matter what. I went into the room, and was saddled with the task of picking out those ten seconds, since I had a "fresh perspective".

The title was Princess Moon. It was great. Even Jack Neo was good in it, and I'll give him credit for that. He may not be able to direct, but he can still act alright. The boy was amazing, this Ho Wen Long kid, drawing out all the right notes. Even this old cynic got a little misty-eyed at the end. Golden. He's now in this show every week, which I heard is decent. I'd watch it, if only for his performances. If you caught Princess Moon on TV (it was a winner at the MDA Scriptwriting Competition, which is why it got made), good for you. If not, I hope it gets released on video. I'm thinking of ripping a copy for myself.

That's enough to put me in a good mood for the rest of the day. Hopefully.

Now, as long as Kerry wins... *fingers crossed*

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 5:05 PM, November 03, 2004, Blogger nate said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5:05 PM, November 03, 2004, Blogger nate said...

min, dear min,

as zach has scrunched his hoodie-sweatshirt into sleepy oblivion, eileen was consoling/consoled on her cellphone.

nate is yelling somewhere, sounding legitimate, sarahmarie was working at the tribune and looked dead when i saw her eyes.

miguel, in disbelief, decided to talk to me about covering the magnetic fields and now, all i can sing is "it's only fair to tell you i'm absolutely cuckoo"

 

gimme some mindfuckery

<< Home