Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Flying From Narita

In case you're wondering, the times stated for all these posts are in the local time, wherever I might be at that moment.

While resizing my pictures for Flickr, I kinda used Photoshop blind. After I did a couple, I thought that if I saved all of them at the same "numerical quality" they would be of roughly the same size, and so didn't bother to check the file sizes of the rest before uploading. Let's just say I'll never do that again. Now I have no more bandwidth for the month and had to open a new account sneakily, with a different email address. I'll fix these next month and put the pictures in my regular account, not that it makes a huge difference to you. Meanwhile you can still enjoy the pictures. God, I miss the Preview program on my Mac.

Int'l Date Line

As you can see, we flew over the International Date Line, which tends to fuck with your concept of time a little. We gain a day when we fly to the US, but lose it on the way back. Sounds kinda like my weight.

So Close

Look at the hand, struggling to reach the food just in front of it. The tension is palpable.

Yet So Far

The food grows colder by the minute. Yet, both hands refuse to move. Why?

Sleep

Well, their master happens to be passed out at the moment.

Yes, a long flight does lead to extreme boredom, as evidenced by the pictures above.

The second part of our flight to San Francisco was in a shitty plane, and we were stuck next to an old Japanese guy with an aisle seat. I got the dreaded middle seat. Of course the old dude was really nice and accomodating and all, but still, I hate to get seats like that. It really makes me feel kinda bad, because I tend to get out of my seat for the most random reasons, like hunting for the perfect spot to take a picture like this:

Dawn Air

I had to do it. I mean, it was dawn, and I'm not often awake at dawn to take pretty morning pictures. I found the spot right at the front of Business Class. It was very pretty. When I got back to my seat, the old guy was asleep. Oh well, too bad for him.

1 Comments:

At 5:55 AM, March 23, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

GOSH! pic of the dawn is LOVELY! love how the bluey sky merge with that streak of Orange... with those thin layers of clouds.... ooooo!

btw they allow u to wander to the front of biz class?! how abt first class? LOL

-ww

 

gimme some mindfuckery

<< Home