Tuesday, March 08, 2005

I Hate...

I hate being an AD. It is the most thankless job in the entire fucking world. My boss gets on my back about me taking cabs to scout for locations. If she used her fucking head and actually thought about it, hiring a bus for the entire duration would be more expensive. I'm actually saving her money, and she nags me about it.

I hate the fact that she's too cheap to hire a location scout and makes the ADs do it. Seriously, with the peanuts they pay freelancers, it's really no big deal at all to get a person to just focus on finding locations. They'd be much nicer locations too.

I hate the mountains of paperwork that I have to do, and all of it internal. You can't just say "I want this, this, and this," anymore, now you have to fill out form after form for it, and then get charged by other departments within the same fucking company for using their stuff. What the fuck? How is this competitive? How is this smoothening the process? How is this efficient?

I hate that she's so unappreciative of her team. Someone's grandmother passes away, she gives the girl a day off. Then immediately bugs her the next day for trivial shit. She needs to take lessons in how to be a fucking human being.

I am sick and tired of the bad shit that we do. The same crap over and over and over again, the same tired format, the same over-writing, the same smashing the point in your face repeatedly, the same... the same... the same...

I wanna make a T-shirt that says, "Docu-Drama: Same Shit, Different Flavors".

I hate that what I thought would be the easiest location to get would turn out to be the biggest pain in the ass. I need a living room of a flat for two fucking hours. That's all. I thought, "I'll just ask my friends, it shouldn't be a problem." Guess what? Apparently it's a huge fucking problem. Getting something like ten rejections in a row from people I know just makes me more fucking pissed on top of all the pissed-off-ness I'm feeling. Reasons range from Messiness to Superstition to Personification of Homes. If you're one of the ones I asked, I'm sure you had your reasons for rejecting me, and I'm sure they're perfectly valid. It's just that right now, I really don't give a fuck about any of them because they are fucking up my life. I'd use my place, except my dad is fucking mental and my brother leaves his fucking toys all over the place and between the both of them, I don't even feel like I should be living here, much less shooting a scene.

Fuck. Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck.

I hate being so tired all the time.

I hate the fact that some asshole stole my Puma shoes from my doorstep. I hadn't worn them in a week because I don't wear them on shoots. So I don't even know when they were taken.

You fucker. I hope piranhas rip your genitalia from your body with their tiny, jagged teeth. I hope your ass gets impaled on a vacuum cleaner. I hope you get gang-raped by a pride of lions.

I will be much happier next week. Perhaps I should refrain from blogging till then.

5 Comments:

At 2:06 AM, March 09, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

try doing location, casting, AD, conty, budget, logistics and lotsa paperwork to go along with that!!!

same company. different division. i think they should do a MAJOR revamp. starting with the ppl on the top floor of Annex bldng.

hang in there.

 
At 6:11 AM, March 09, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh they like to charge this and that internally... u noe whenever we request to turn on the aircon in my dept on a public hol, we have to sign a form to agree to charge the cost to my dept? tat's ard a few hundreds for 8-10 hours of aircon! ridiculous!

anyway hang in there lah... u gonna have a good nice break soon isnt it?! ;)

 
At 8:26 PM, March 09, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think this is called "transfer pricing". I learnt it in accounting.

 
At 8:26 PM, March 09, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think this is called "transfer pricing". I learnt it in accounting.

 
At 2:58 AM, March 10, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha.. tell me about it.. working life sux.. cos some working adults treat you like mushrooms most of the time, keep you in the dark by talking behing ya backs, and feeding ya shit.. =) and some are better actors/actresses than the ones you see every year making their thank you everybody i love you all i'm so happy i could cry wait a minute i'm crying now speech, cos they can actually perfect the skill of hiding a dagger behind a smile (erm, literal translation here).. hey an afterthought, those that bark may not seem as bad compared to the pple who are more than what we can see! :(

well well, just ren3 with a capital letter R, for the time being, lots of things can't be changed immediately.. wait till you climb up higher ok? then can change all the f****** things that's happening now ;)

ahh.. personal wish of mine here.. wanna go back to the good old DHS 4A days haha.. and yes, our juniors can be quite crappy yeah? silly slogan.. and yes, i would love to buy some grass from that nice green patch of land, if i were a cow though, i'd probably get it free, moo moo... (that means see ya later in cow language, and you dun have to play me yangqin music cos i won't be able to understand, or so they tell me..)...

 

gimme some mindfuckery

<< Home